Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
same locals that run a 302, b-cam, 175 dry shot at 8.72?:rofl:
wanted to make a few of those hard tire races, but didnt have time
wasnt it 8.0 index until the finals?(1/8 mile)
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Impressive for sure, but isn't calling a 315/60 MT drag radial a "street tire" kind of like calling a Howitzer a "gun"....or calling the USS Iowa a "boat".

I know I'm nitpicking here, but that is one hell of a "street tire"... LOL
Well, I tried to put "tires that are deemed legal for use on public streets by the United States Department of Transportation" in the thread title, but it wouldn't fit.

well it is DOT approved
Exactly.

Awe come on guys don't pick on poor Sharad, he just finished his corespondents course in over embellished advertising, next class is writing greeting cards and nursery rhymes, can't wait to see what he comes up with for lifetime warranty...LOL... Maybe something like this:
Money's tight and time are hard but these parts come with a warranty card, if I spam and if I holla all the parts for my car wont even cost me a dollar!
Thanks Dave. I'm gonna use that! :)

Now that is funny! There is a warranty? :eeek:
Yes, as a matter of fact, all UPR Products carry a lifetime guarantee!

Where can I find more info on the car. A build thread or something would be great.
There is no build thread. I'll try to do a web-only feature on the car sometime this summer. I don't know many of the specifics, but I can tell you it's a 430" ProLine SBF with twin PT88s. Here is a picture of the engine:

I drove my car all over with the M/T drag radials they are a great sticky tire for the street. And DOT legal dont see the problem with what he said. I agree dont need the hard sale. But a 7 sec drag radial car is no joke.
Exactly. Here are two of my daily drivers from the past three years (notice the street tires):

they should slap a 275 and get #### done!
I agree, but I think he's more interested in Limited Street and Outlaw Radial. Regardless, my car wears a set of 275s, and I'd like to try a little True Street and/or X275. Hopefully the "first startup" will be next week.

Impressive..........

He still ain't catching Wolfe/Nelson.
:) That reminds me of something my dad told me a long time ago. He said, "Sharad, you can't please everybody. Jesus Himself could walk on water in front of a crowd and there would still be that one guy that would say 'pshhhh. I'm not impressed. Look, his feet got wet!'" To be fair, at least you said "Impressive..." I was thinking more about the tone that this whole thread took. Everyone's a critic. Meanwhile I WISH my car was running 7.80s!!!

Anyway, Jeremy's not running Kevin Fiscus times, but he ever claimed to be. However, as I understand it, the combo is still pretty new and he's running a lot less boost than the car is capable of. I guess we'll see how it all plays out. I just think it's cool that he's out there racing his car, putting in work, conducting R&D from the driver's seat. :salute:

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
hes the important question....

is it petty tuned???

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I am truly impressed, it took us several years to go 7.30's on a W tire and now we can't even compete running those times! I'll never own a 7 second car, I wasn't trying to be a smart ass, it's hard to believe guys are running the number on a radial now. Wolfe IS the baddest man on a radial though.

BTW, I need some more pics of the red coupe with the pony R's! My wife has one just like it and is waiting on her rear wheels to show up. That's a beautiful coupe you have (both of them)!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Wolfe IS the baddest man on a radial though.
Wolfe was the baddest man on a radial. The orange car was sold to an 83 year old man :salute:

I think in october they are going to be flying, Berry trapped 190 in the eight in February, and Fiscus was in the .30's

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
hes the important question....

is it petty tuned???
I don't think it is, but I'll get all of the info and do a mini-feature on it soon.

I am truly impressed, it took us several years to go 7.30's on a W tire and now we can't even compete running those times! I'll never own a 7 second car, I wasn't trying to be a smart ass, it's hard to believe guys are running the number on a radial now. Wolfe IS the baddest man on a radial though.

BTW, I need some more pics of the red coupe with the pony R's! My wife has one just like it and is waiting on her rear wheels to show up. That's a beautiful coupe you have (both of them)!
Yeah, I feel the same way. To me, 7-second ETs are respectable regardless of how you get there! Anyway, ask and you shall receive!

This is when I first put it back together, before the Pony Rs and UPR suspension:

Here's when I installed the Pony Rs & UPR suspension:

Here's an outtake from a photo shoot I did for a feature article:

Just a quickie at church one morning:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Wolfe was the baddest man on a radial. The orange car was sold to an 83 year old man :salute:

I think in october they are going to be flying, Berry trapped 190 in the eight in February, and Fiscus was in the .30's
The gentelmens name is Willard, Jason Lee of PTP will be tuning the car and may take on the driving duty at the SGMP race, on a side note Jason went 7.54 on 275 "radial" with a 360ci engine and a little F1r blower

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
The gentelmens name is Willard, Jason Lee of PTP will be tuning the car and may take on the driving duty at the SGMP race, on a side note Jason went 7.54 on 275 "radial" with a 360ci engine and a little F1r blower
That's him! The old fella ain't no stranger to speed, although the orange car is a little more than he's used too. J Lee is a bad dude for sure!

·
Registered
405 Posts
same locals that run a 302, b-cam, 175 dry shot at 8.72?:rofl:
wanted to make a few of those hard tire races, but didnt have time
wasnt it 8.0 index until the finals?(1/8 mile)
don't know about were you re from but around here the hard tire cars are in the low 6 and high 5 s in the 1/8 hell my wifes daily driver 2006 gt runs in the 7 s on a hard tire come get you some with your ride :rofl::rofl::bs:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Well, I tried to put "tires that are deemed legal for use on public streets by the United States Department of Transportation" in the thread title, but it wouldn't fit.

Exactly.

Thanks Dave. I'm gonna use that! :)

Yes, as a matter of fact, all UPR Products carry a lifetime guarantee!

There is no build thread. I'll try to do a web-only feature on the car sometime this summer. I don't know many of the specifics, but I can tell you it's a 430" ProLine SBF with twin PT88s. Here is a picture of the engine:

Exactly. Here are two of my daily drivers from the past three years (notice the street tires):

I agree, but I think he's more interested in Limited Street and Outlaw Radial. Regardless, my car wears a set of 275s, and I'd like to try a little True Street and/or X275. Hopefully the "first startup" will be next week.

:) That reminds me of something my dad told me a long time ago. He said, "Sharad, you can't please everybody. Jesus Himself could walk on water in front of a crowd and there would still be that one guy that would say 'pshhhh. I'm not impressed. Look, his feet got wet!'" To be fair, at least you said "Impressive..." I was thinking more about the tone that this whole thread took. Everyone's a critic. Meanwhile I WISH my car was running 7.80s!!!

Anyway, Jeremy's not running Kevin Fiscus times, but he ever claimed to be. However, as I understand it, the combo is still pretty new and he's running a lot less boost than the car is capable of. I guess we'll see how it all plays out. I just think it's cool that he's out there racing his car, putting in work, conducting R&D from the driver's seat. :salute:
Its definitely a fast car with lots more in it and looks sweet too next time just put on a " drag radial" just saying :leghump:

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
was that the the "duck" weight or X275 weight?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Tha would be X275 weight NMRA Trim!

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
thats bad ass! hopefully we can get some time to do some testing to up our 2nd kit. we should be able to run right there in the 1/4 on 2 kits. but damn is it hard to run with them blower cars!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I wanna be like Willard when i grow up, and Jason Lee is definitly a bad dude on 275's

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
don't know about were you re from but around here the hard tire cars are in the low 6 and high 5 s in the 1/8 hell my wifes daily driver 2006 gt runs in the 7 s on a hard tire come get you some with your ride :rofl::rofl::bs:
was thinking about the class they had on streetcarforums.com
just saying it was indexed 8.0 until the final round
are you trying to say something about my car???

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
thats bad ass! hopefully we can get some time to do some testing to up our 2nd kit. we should be able to run right there in the 1/4 on 2 kits. but damn is it hard to run with them blower cars!

ATI ProCharger for the WIN!!! :)

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Impressive for sure, but isn't calling a 315/60 MT drag radial a "street tire" kind of like calling a Howitzer a "gun"....or calling the USS Iowa a "boat".

I know I'm nitpicking here, but that is one hell of a "street tire"... LOL
Yes! If you said some Falken Xp's ?? I would be impressed.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts