Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed in the Jegs catalog, they have a set of traction bars for a Mustang. They call them "the traction bars that dont look like traction bars". Has anyone used these? Are they worth the $140 or about that? I am looking for a cheap way to get the my radials to stick a little better. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I've heard good things about them, and believe I read a post here recently about someone that improved his 60ft by 0.05sec on street tires with them.

The way I remember it is, they move the instantaneous center closer to the center of gravity of the car, and seems as though this would put somewhat more of a torque on the car pivoting about this imaginary point and thus putting more force onto the tires to get more traction.

I'm thinkin about a set for mine as well. A half of a tenth in the 60ft is definately worth $120 to me.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I remember seeing one guy get the supposed .07 gain...he was getting 1.39 60's...later Derrick

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. It sounds like they are worth the money.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ttt

I just want to see if anyone else can add to this thread, before I place my order.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts