Votes: 3 17.6%
  • BBK 1-5/8\" longtubes

Votes: 14 82.4%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your guys take on the 2 headers? Should I got with the JBA's or the BBK's??? I'm basically gonna be running a built short block and ported heads with about 15psi of boost. I was a good improvement, but also no hassles if I had to take the tranny/clutch out.

What kind of gains could I expect from the two? Does one drop off in power over the other? Does one make more torque than the other?

Thanks,

·
Registered
249 Posts
NC_35thPony said:
Get the SHM/Hooker long tubes, you can get the tranny out with out taking the headers off.
Well I never found out is that is true or not, BUT if it is then I would say go with the Hooker LT's!! :)

I know that the BBK's have to be loosened to do ANY tranny swapping or clutch changes, however, produce good power gains! I couldn't get the Hooker LT's or I would have - I went with the JBA's and they REALLY help the top end pull!! :D

·
Registered
872 Posts
Steeda46 said:
What is your guys take on the 2 headers? Should I got with the JBA's or the BBK's??? I'm basically gonna be running a built short block and ported heads with about 15psi of boost. I was a good improvement, but also no hassles if I had to take the tranny/clutch out.

What kind of gains could I expect from the two? Does one drop off in power over the other? Does one make more torque than the other?

Thanks,
The long tubes will give you more power BUT they have two drawbacks. Your car may not pass smog, and it will be more of a pain to install. I like the long tubes but when I put headers on the Panoz it'll be JBA shorties because I want to stay CARB certified and pass my smog tests. It's just not worth redoing the install every two years to pass the smog test.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Re: Re: JBA Shorties or BBK longtubes??????????

Michael Clements said:

The long tubes will give you more power BUT they have two drawbacks. Your car may not pass smog, and it will be more of a pain to install. I like the long tubes but when I put headers on the Panoz it'll be JBA shorties because I want to stay CARB certified and pass my smog tests. It's just not worth redoing the install every two years to pass the smog test.
You have to do the same amount of work to install shorties as you do LT's

I think when the Hooker's come out for the cobra's my BBK's are going bye bye

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry about the off topic Steeda46,
I'm starting to collect info for a s/c install hopefully early in 2003.
I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to s/c's.
I saw in your sig Vortech mini-race bypass valve.
What is this, what is it's purpose, and does it come in the kit?

sorry again about the off topic
just wondering if you could help out a rookie.
Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.