Ford Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm writting this message to inform people of my experenice with Jade performance. In July of 2002 I paid 12,339 dollars fo a 76mm TDC turbo kit,Acell Gen 7, complete Aeromotive fuel system, 96Lbs injectors,MSD-4,. After 2 months I recived only incorrect parts which I shipped back at my own exspense. I asked for a complete refund of money I was told by Joey that I would recive a refund in full in about 2 weeks, I never recived a refund. I than was told by one of Joey employee's that i would be reciving a refund in three separte depoist's to my account, this also never happend. I talked to Joey And he told me he was in a odd situation as far as the refund went and he would ship the orginal order, install the parts and tune the car. I told Joey he had three weeks to deleiver the parts and I would bring the car to him to tune it. That was in the middle of Nov. I have yet to recive any parts from Jade performance. I have been in contact with NY Asst. Atty. General Wayne Benjamin, I have begun The process to file a formal consumer fraud complaint with the Long Island NY branch of the NY Atty general office.

Joey you asked for an update well here it is. Refund my money. John Bruce

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Dude, I feel for you but why would you give someone nearly 13K w/o seeing the goods? I hope things work out for you. later Ron

·
Registered
370 Posts
I think it's well known now that those guys might be in some financial troubles. Hopefully not for your sake.

·
Registered
224 Posts
John has a valid Gripe concerning the dalay and stress concerning his parts, taking it to the corral wasn't necesarry and I wont be dragged around like the rest of the bashed people on the site. I am publicly admitting Johns parts took too long and if he wants a refund I can understand that. RE: financial problems none exist, John will recieve his payment back in a timely fashon contrary to what he has experienced so far, there was a problem, over worked/understaffed, and it has since been fixed. JADE Performance is a 2 year old business and went through some growing pains. Never was or will a customer be"Ripped off" at jade performance and its unfortunate that John feels he was.
I didnt get where I am by Defrauding customers and to fiill in minor pertinant details the original order was a tdc kit hence the original delay, I thought the issue was put to sleep in early december because I hadn't heard from john but today I come to findout otherwise. I am publicly apologizing to John for the inconvenience, And of course I dont want this to reflect on The company though I know it will.
I am dealing with this as professionaly as I know how and would like a speedy close to the topic as Im sure John would as well.
Its unfortunate it came to this but the problem will be rectified.
End of story.

·
Registered
751 Posts
No, you just thought this would go away, I'm sure glad I read this because you were recommended to me for my work when I get my TP turbo. Screw that, a guy gives you $13K and you blame it on being understaffed!!!!!! What, you can't take 2 hours out of your day to get a certified check???? Or send a wire with the money to his bank account!!!!!! That is ridiculous. Don't blame anyone for the TDC turbo being to blame, he paid you, your problems with your supplyers is your problem, not his. Give the guy a refund.

And dude, I would forget this guy and file fraud charges against him. He's just stringing you along. I wouldn't deal with anyone that works with TDC, those guys are in worse shape than this guy is.

Well JAde, good luck running with this guys money, no one is going to just let you keep $13K!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Well you say it is his fault ho can you say that? I am sure he had the kit ordered from TDC which is out of buisnss, MIA, what ever you wanna call it. Now how can he be responsiable for that?

Joey - Hope everything works out ok for you and this don't get turned into something ugly.

·
Banned
356 Posts
BoostedGT said:
No, you just thought this would go away, I'm sure glad I read this because you were recommended to me for my work when I get my TP turbo. Screw that, a guy gives you $13K and you blame it on being understaffed!!!!!! What, you can't take 2 hours out of your day to get a certified check???? Or send a wire with the money to his bank account!!!!!! That is ridiculous. Don't blame anyone for the TDC turbo being to blame, he paid you, your problems with your supplyers is your problem, not his. Give the guy a refund.

And dude, I would forget this guy and file fraud charges against him. He's just stringing you along. I wouldn't deal with anyone that works with TDC, those guys are in worse shape than this guy is.

Well JAde, good luck running with this guys money, no one is going to just let you keep $13K!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:
Ok...my .02 here is that from what I hear Jade Performance is on the Up and Up. I haven't done any business with them yet, but I still would not hesitate too. I think by bring this to a very public forum is not the correct approach, but then again that is just my opinion (which everyone is entitled too). He made a very public appology and I think that we should all leave it at that. Do not let this turn into another DTA post. I can understand the understaffed thing also.

Jade, good luck in the future. :cool:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Jade performance

Man, give the guy a break. He said that he was sorry and it would get taken care of, so let him take care of it. To many people on this site just bash people without giving them a chance. And I have to agree, a public forum shouldn't be used to say they are going for prosecution.

·
Premium Member
3,513 Posts
Although we don't know EXACTLY why he hasn't seen his money, it's likely there is none in Jade's account to send! Otherwise being under staffed or over worked has notta to do with this and is a stall.

My own experience taught me big or small business is business and they'll ALL screw you or someone like you down the road. SHM tried dragging things out with me so long I finally gave up. And my grip was and is HUGE. Thats life. Countinue the legal process and be sure to add intrest! Seriously.

·
Registered
595 Posts
hmm

kudos to the thread starter for informing the public! Frankly this is the place to do it. i've never dealt with jade but it would seem they made alot of broken promises to the thread starter. 13k is a hella lotta cash!

The customer was told we would get a full refund and he has not got a cent. We the public are fortunate to learn about this business and its practices. To hear them say that they assumed everything was OK since they didn't hear from the customer is a load. Your obviously lacking in the customer service dept. You might be overworked but a 5 minute phone call to re-assure a customers expectations would have saved you from this public ridicule and law suit. There is something very wrong when a business lies to a customer or makes up excuses or false promises instead of just telling them the truth.

Keep us informed to the progress of this litigation.

·
Registered
285 Posts
$$99 said:
I'm writting this message to inform people of my experenice with Jade performance. In July of 2002 I paid 12,339 dollars fo a 76mm TDC turbo kit,Acell Gen 7, complete Aeromotive fuel system, 96Lbs injectors,MSD-4,. After 2 months I recived only incorrect parts which I shipped back at my own exspense. I asked for a complete refund of money I was told by Joey that I would recive a refund in full in about 2 weeks, I never recived a refund. I than was told by one of Joey employee's that i would be reciving a refund in three separte depoist's to my account, this also never happend. I talked to Joey And he told me he was in a odd situation as far as the refund went and he would ship the orginal order, install the parts and tune the car. I told Joey he had three weeks to deleiver the parts and I would bring the car to him to tune it. That was in the middle of Nov. I have yet to recive any parts from Jade performance. I have been in contact with NY Asst. Atty. General Wayne Benjamin, I have begun The process to file a formal consumer fraud complaint with the Long Island NY branch of the NY Atty general office.

Give em hell Tiger!

Joey you asked for an update well here it is. Refund my money. John Bruce

·
Registered
10 Posts
Comments like these are why I was hesitant to register or join this board. One person has a bad business experience and the rest of the sharks dive in.

At this rate......you people are going to run out of decent businesses to buy from.

·
Registered
370 Posts
13,000 dollars is a lot of cash. anyone spending that amount should be getting his stuff taken care of right away. it's always a possibilty that he just doesn't have that cash to give back. it could be that it's spent. You should show up on his door to collect your money. :lol:

·
Registered
414 Posts
$13,000 tied up and just an apology to show for it. Wow, i'd be upset too. Jade has apologised, now he has to refund the money. It's easy to bash people or businesses here, likewise it's easy for businesses to take money and not deliver the service or goods for that money. These type of forums help us, the consumer to be aware of good/bad businesses.

·
Registered
827 Posts
This is a rough call...I can see both sides. As a person that just laid out big bucks for forced induction, and received excellent service, I inform people of that--Joe DaSilva's shop in Toronto has INCREDIBLE service, and I am proud to support them. BUT, I would let people know if I received poor service as well, so others know what to expect and what to avoid. That is what you are doing, and I think we all benefit from sharing experiences.

At the same time, when this vendor has the rocks to come on here and take responsibility, that must be commended as well. So long as you receive your cash back, all is good, and the board knows that when it comes to turbos, time can a problem.

If you do not receive your cash soon, it is a message that deserves to be heard. This is a good heads up for the Modular Community.

I do think the vendor deserves the opportunity to make this right, and if/when it is corrected, that also needs to be reported to the members of the Corral.

I wish you the best of luck.
~Darren

·
Registered
472 Posts
If you do not receive your cash soon, it is a message that deserves to be heard. This is a good heads up for the Modular Community.
I totally agree! It is quite unfortunate to be out of $13K for several months and not know what to expect. Communication is paramount in such dealings. I hope things are rectified soon and that both parties involved are able to get beyond this. I spent $16K a few years ago and it made me quite nervous to 'risk' those kind of bucks. Info on this forum should be listened to and considered as objectively as possible. I too have considered going to Jade to get work done and will continue to plan on it. However, it's important to know what's going on with other members. We need to make decisions using all the available info out there. My .02.

dave

·
Registered
864 Posts
jade said:
I thought the issue was put to sleep in early december because I hadn't heard from john but today I come to findout otherwise.
:lol: :lol: WOW! lmfao

·
Registered
642 Posts
If you take a step back, this makes perfect sense. Let's look at the facts.

1. TDC is filing chapter 11, and screwing everyone who has spent money with them. Scott has said he will make good. (Remember Dave Inall and Incon. This won't happen)

2. Jade has most likely paid TDC for the turbo kit, and has already purchased the other parts for this car and TDC won't be giving refunds.

3. Customer is angry and wants his money back.

Joey doesn't have the liquid cash due to the size of the shop, wants to pay back customer and can't. Joey has to sell remaining parts ordered to recoup some of the $$, and trying to get money out of TDC will be like getting blood out of a turnip.

It takes cash reserves to keep a small business afloat to purchase inventory and to plan for unexpected losses. Some businesses don't have the ability or foresight to execute this plan.

So who is to blame here? The customer has done nothing wrong, Jade wants to make good, but has timing issues on payment and can't pay immediately but will eventually pay, and TDC screwed the pooch, hurting Jade and the customer.

This is far from cut and dry folks. If I were Joey, I'd take out a short term loan, pay back the customer, and work hard to regain the loss, and have a fat tax write-off. Sell some parts, car, etc., and treat the customer right. I'm sure Jade will do the right thing in the long run.

·
Premium Member
3,513 Posts
I could be wrong here so chime in...

When a purchaser gives monies and forms a " contract " verbal or non, then the second party turns around hands that money to another company for whatever. Even if that third party goes belly up the contract was made with the second party and thus Jade is totally respondsible regardless. Again I could be wrong...but I did stay at a holiday inn lastnight and watched peoples coourt at the same time;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Guy drops 13k in July and it is now January 6 months later and he has no parts and no cash? there is no way that he is wrong for posting this warning on this board , switch places with him and say it was Your 13k tied up for 6 months, I don't give a dam what problems a company is having it is not thier money, and if he has no parts then he needs to get his cash back and thats that , if anyone says that they would be OK with 13k of thier cash tied up for 6 months and Nothing to show for it they are just plain lying IMHO, 13k over 6 months how bout a lil bit of interest on that :bs:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.