Registered
4,177 Posts
I run it with TT's.

Don't ask questions just BUY IT!

ks

·
Registered
356 Posts
One of the best investments you can make for your car.
Buy it. It will protect your engine, and help you dial in the spark throughout the rpm range if you buy the additional led display.
John is great to work with if you have questions.
Marc

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Thanks for reply, where did you located the knock sensor
I have an iron Cobra block so I had to mount it on the drivers side near the motor mount.

ks

·
Registered
356 Posts
I located the sensor on the side of the block which made it easy to get to. I just had the block rebuilt and balanced and ended up with a very quiet engine. Part of the Vampire calibration is turning up the sensitivity of the knock sensor to the point of activation under partial load, and then back it off a smidge so any noise greater than normal operation will start the retarding sequence of timing. In my case, my engine quiet and I was not able to activate the sensor undr partial load. John worked with me to answer all my questions regarding the setup. I run with the sensitivity knob turned all the way up. We also discovered a boost a spark past 50% will trip the current sensor on the unit I switched to iridium plugs that fire under heavy boost, and was able to turn down the Boost a spark below the threshold of the vampire. John offered to modify the current sense limit for my unit to allow me to run at a higher voltage, but I was good without the modification.

The Vampire is a great addition, and John stands behind it and will help as much as needed to get everything dialed in to your satisfaction.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Marc

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I think a standalone setup would be better money spent. Look into the holley efi like the HP. You can setup all kinds of safety parameters!

Reactions: KEVIN$

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just updated the Vampire, adding a rev limiter and a "knock-finder" display. I also moved the harness connector to the rear, for a cleaner installation.

I haven't added it to my site yet. I posted a couple photos on an old thread I started on turbobuicks:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just updated the Vampire, adding a rev limiter and a "knock-finder" display. I also moved the harness connector to the rear, for a cleaner installation.

I haven't added it to my site yet. I posted a couple photos on an old thread I started on turbobuicks:
What is the actual size of the box.

·
Registered
10,077 Posts
I actually need to get one of these if I go supercharged. I'm in Europe and have to be tuned remotely so a knock sensor will be kind of mandatory at that point. Wideband gets me close enough NA.

Reactions: KEVIN$
1 - 14 of 14 Posts