Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local body shop has put in white face gauges
on several car and he says NR are the best he has
seen. Is this true? where can I buy them? If there are better gauges, who makes them and where
do I buy?

pantera
2000 gt vert
magnaflow catback

·
Registered
906 Posts
dude, you crazy? put them in yourself. It's as easy as making spaghetti.

I don't know about NR being the best. I have seen about 5 different brands and they all look the same to me. I personally use the ones brothers performance sells. I think it is SPEEDWARE. They work great.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Gauges

I just put in a set of MAC white face gauges in my 2000 GT 'vert-it is an easy install IF you pay attention to details. I think one of THE most important things to remember is after you have removed the stock faces is to take a razor blade and "shave" each attachment point absolutely flat. The stockers are kind of "welded" in place in several places and if you dont shave these flat you will get uneven lighting. Mustangs Unlimited now sells gauge clusters with white face gauges already installed, it's an exchange type of deal-they send you the thing ready to install and you get a core charge back when you send yours to them. Might be the way to go if you're not comfortable installing them yourself. By the way, the MAC's look great both day and night. All white face gauges look wimpy at dusk or dawn, even the factory Cobra white faces.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I was looking into the autometer replacement gague cluster. It looks sweet, but very expensive, $400.

I thought, hey if they upgrade the accuracy of the gagues, then it may be worthwhile. Well, I sent an email to autometer and got a response right away. Here is what I got:

Dear Chuck,

Thank you for your email and interest in Auto Meter Products.

Good questions! I'll do my best to answer them for you.

We don't make custom cluster panels as you describe. The 7001 is available only
as shown in our catalog. We try not to specialize a new product for at least a
year or two after its release.

As for the accuracy of this unit, the only difference between the OE panel and
the Lunar panel is the Electro Luminescent lighting. We retained the original
OE switches to ensure proper form, fit, and function of the 7001. Our panel is
no more or less accurate than the OE panel.

Our current selection of panel replacement covers 1999-2002 GT V8s only. It
will not function in a V6 or Cobra. Since there has been significant amounts of
questions on when we'll expand this market to include other earlier model GTs,
this will be taken into consideration for future projects.

Thank you again for your email and your interest in Auto Meter Products.

Sincerely,
Brett Littlefield
--
Brett R. Littlefield
Auto Meter Products, Inc.
National Sales, Special/Private Label Products
Phone: (815) 895-8141, ext. 352
Fax: (815) 895-6786

·
Registered
78 Posts
Interesting that the Auto Meter gauge cluster says "Premium Fuel" on the speedo. :confused:

Especially since the e-mail you got from Brett states: "Our current selection of panel replacement covers 1999-2002 GT V8s only." Aren't they all regular grade fuel consumers?

Frank

·
Registered
174 Posts
Re: Gauges

GOLDENPONY said:
All white face gauges look wimpy at dusk or dawn, even the factory Cobra white faces.
I agree, and I disagree. On my '98, the markings all but disappear at dusk and dawn if you have the lights on, because the contrast difference between the lit numbers and the white faces is pretty low.

But on my '99, I notice that Ford has outlined all of the markings in black. It really helps visibility at dusk & dawn.

·
Registered
952 Posts
i have the NR accessories gauges... they look great, and i like that all of the dummy lights are retained in the factory black. also, they are kinda crappy looking in half-light situations, but you get used to it pretty quickly. i don't even notice anymore.
gino

·
Registered
20 Posts
killerpony said:
i have the NR accessories gauges... they look great, and i like that all of the dummy lights are retained in the factory black. also, they are kinda crappy looking in half-light situations, but you get used to it pretty quickly. i don't even notice anymore.
gino
Do you have any detailed pics you can share, during the day and at night?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts