Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am soooo happy right now, car started right up ildes beauitifully, I will have to replace the oil preasure sensor, but other than that it' all good. I'm so excited that I'm shaking.

Special thanks to Chris Doss, T_Bone & DOHC 97 Cobra :joy:

·
Registered
960 Posts
Good work man!! I know what its like, I've had my car for 4.5 years now and the has been down 3 of those years. I just got mine back after a lengthy downtime myself.

I luv sayin' "IT LIVES!!"

Let us know how it feels once you can really start getting on it.

Chris

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just drove the car back home, the temp guage isn't working and so is the oil pressure. It's been so long since I drove it, the car is missing though. I don't know if it's the vacuum or ignition system. The engine check light is on also. Any suggestions for things to me to check?

Thanks again for the help!

Feels so good to have her back!!

·
Registered
960 Posts
I know I don't have to say it, but be careful until you know whats going on with your car. I'd hate to see you have some serious issue shortly after getting it running.

Get your codes scanned, AutoZone will do it for free I believe. YOur misfire can go a lot of ways, but do the following first (I just ran into a misfire problem):

1.) Check your wires, make sure they are in the proper order on the plugs and on the coil packs

2.) Check your plugs to make sure they are gapped correctly (when I scanned codes I saw it was #4 misfiring, so I just went to that plug and sure enough the gap was almost closed, I don't think I checked all the gaps before installing the plugs, oops)

If those come up with nothing, there are ways your can use an OHM meter to test your wires and coil packs, just look for a post from Chris98Vobra , there was a thread where he spoke to this, it may have been up to a year ago.

YOu may know this stuff already, sorry if I'm being MR. Obvious here...

Do you have any detailed pics of various areas of your engine? I'm not sure how much I can help, but I'd like to compare them to my engine bay and see if we can detect any differences.

What injectors are you running? Are those enough to handle your new power?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Glad to hear it's finally up and running ! BTW, how do you like the sound of the Magnapack's? Hope it was the sound you were looking for!
Andre

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RE:

Chris Doss said:
I know I don't have to say it, but be careful until you know whats going on with your car. I'd hate to see you have some serious issue shortly after getting it running.

Get your codes scanned, AutoZone will do it for free I believe. YOur misfire can go a lot of ways, but do the following first (I just ran into a misfire problem):

1.) Check your wires, make sure they are in the proper order on the plugs and on the coil packs

2.) Check your plugs to make sure they are gapped correctly (when I scanned codes I saw it was #4 misfiring, so I just went to that plug and sure enough the gap was almost closed, I don't think I checked all the gaps before installing the plugs, oops)

If those come up with nothing, there are ways your can use an OHM meter to test your wires and coil packs, just look for a post from Chris98Vobra , there was a thread where he spoke to this, it may have been up to a year ago.

YOu may know this stuff already, sorry if I'm being MR. Obvious here...

Do you have any detailed pics of various areas of your engine? I'm not sure how much I can help, but I'd like to compare them to my engine bay and see if we can detect any differences.

What injectors are you running? Are those enough to handle your new power?
Thanks for the tips. I was thinking the same to eheck my plugs and wires. I want to take it to autozone to see what they find, that'll happen after I go over the plugs/wires.

I'll get you some pics of the engine tonight.

Thank you for the tips

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RE:

STRONGNUFF said:
Glad to hear it's finally up and running ! BTW, how do you like the sound of the Magnapack's? Hope it was the sound you were looking for!
Andre
I didn't even have them welded in yet. I will this weekend though, that along with the h-pipe should be good. Everyone is telling me the packs are soooo loud :evil:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts