Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5 way camlock harness, corbeau CR 1 seats. I looked at the nhra rules & it says the crotch belt must be attatched through the seat and mount from below behind your shoulder from under the seat , can I use a bracket on the front mounts for the seat & attatch it there? I am not going to hack a slot in a 400 $$ seat . are normal seats even legal when you have 5 way harness?:confused:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey , thanks for the reply. I read the rule book & freaked thinking that the seats I just got would'nt be legal in the 10-11 sec range. the bracket I have to mount my crotch strap to the front seat bolts is from wolfe race craft & you would think that they would not sell these if it was not a legit item.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
yuo can just pull the crotch belt from under the seat up and then attachet to the lap and sholder harneses. It does have to be mounted behind the sholders and under teh seat as you stated. you do not have to cut a notch in yuor seat though. If you don;t have a roll cage I would not install them anyway. If yu do have a cage I would definately install them then. With out a cage in a rollover accident you can't move where as the stock seat belts are designed to allow your body to slide in to the center of the car thus avoiding serious injury. with a 5 point harness and no cage you are held in position and your head and kneck get crushed.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if I wrap them under the seat the strap is not long enough to attach to anything behind my shoulder from below. must be why racing seats have a slot just in front of your crotch. I will have a 10 point bar installed next week.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
you might be able to get away with yoru mounting braket you bought. Or if you prefer to do it the way the NHRA rules state you can just get a longer crotch belt that will bolt behind the sholders. it sounds to me liek yu have a crotych belt that is short in order to fit through the crotch hole on a racing seat.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I will get a longer crotch belt. I don't want to give our "local tech guys " any reason to send me home.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
yeah it is always a bummer to make the time to get to the track only to be sent home. The longer belt will really be safer anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts