Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This by-pass is the Vortech Universal "Max-Flow" racing by-pass (Flows 320 CFM @ 8 PSI)... (just picked this up in the classifieds here... :) )

Blower is a T-trim. Cogs (35mm) are a 28tooth front and a 77 tooth crank (should make around 20??? with my 347/185AFR heads systeMax lower...?)

My question is... will this by-pass be sufficient with this much boost to keep me from throwing belts? (I have zero experience with cogs so any help would be appreciated. :salute: )

·
Registered
3,425 Posts

This by-pass is the Vortech Universal "Max-Flow" racing by-pass (Flows 320 CFM @ 8 PSI)... (just picked this up in the classifieds here... :) )

Blower is a T-trim. Cogs (35mm) are a 28tooth front and a 77 tooth crank (should make around 20??? with my 347/185AFR heads systeMax lower...?)

My question is... will this by-pass be sufficient with this much boost to keep me from throwing belts? (I have zero experience with cogs so any help would be appreciated. :salute: )
Are you running a single keyways on the crank shaft?

I would personally run the Mondo bypass as it flows more, but I have heard others having a good experience with the max-flow.

I, myself run the Mondo (w/8-rib) and have no issues. I am skeptical about running cogs due to having a single keyway in the crank shaft. If I had a procharger then I would just buy the clutched blower cog pulley and not worry about it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
mondo is better choice all depends what size cogs

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Heres my dilemma... I need to cut off 1.5" off the blower end of the discharge to get it to fit with my application; 94-95 Blower brackets and 94-95 pulleys, and I am also converting to Fox body TB, TPS adapter, discharge and throttle cable. I dont want to hack this (the pretty discharge and by pass :) ) up unless I know it will work (the cogs) If I would be better off sticking to my current 8 rib set up (2.80 upper and 6.87 lower) I will... The goal is to make 20lbs of boost with the T. (my S saw 14lbs with the above listed pulley set up.)

Here is crappy phone pic...

Here is my current set up (94-95 TB, elbow and discharge)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts