Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced my stock H-Pipe for a Mac 2.5" Off-Road H-Pipe. Anyways, on my stock H-Pipe the tube for the air pump to pump in was capped off, and the supply from the air pump was cut and capped in the engine bay also. I was wondering how bad that was for my car. Also, I just want to say it made a BIG diffrence in sound. As far as power maybe 5 - 10hp. If that. Anyways, just let me know what yall think. Thanks. Later.

-Kyle

·
Registered
743 Posts
That shouldnt be bad at all. I always yanked the smog pump off my cars and capped all the tubing I didnt remove. Btw, is the smog pump removed, if not, take it off and free up that pulley unless emissions does under hood inspections.

·
Registered
419 Posts
would that make you not pass aircare?? cappin off the smog crap? obviously the off-road H would screw u over.. but if i put my stock one in and had everything capped would it fail still?

·
Registered
646 Posts
the purpose of the air pump is basically to protect the cats after a cold start. if you have an off road h pipe..you have nothing to worry about.;)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Guldan, he lives in TX not canada.

Not everyone has emissions stuff. Thank goodness we dont. We do not even have inspections anymore. (in SC)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts