Ford Mustang Forums banner
81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
I am not sure of the reason behind the change. I don’t believe the AL part was listed previously but, if it’s anything like their other wares, it should handle abuse.
My only problem with Griggs is that they list all of their parts as consumable, such as their k members. Which tells me they expect them to break after a few race seasons. However it all depends on how hard you push the car and how much money you are willing to spend to win.

·
Registered
'90 Windveil Blue LX (Dart Turbo T56)
8,559 Posts
My only problem with Griggs is that they list all of their parts as consumable, such as their k members. Which tells me they expect them to break after a few race seasons. However it all depends on how hard you push the car and how much money you are willing to spend to win.
i think they do that to protect themselves against street usage vs racing

·
Registered
550 Posts

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
I like the idea of lowering the LCA a little, to make more room for the coil spring.

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
Just saw this on foxcast media. I love it i bet it handles amazingly. $$$ is going to be a major consideration for me.

·
Registered
10,244 Posts
It looks like the upper mount sandwiches between the frame rail and the K-member, so you'll get maybe a 3/8" drop on the K-member (judging from the pic). I'm curious to see the spindle and what brake configurations work. Looks like a pretty deep hat on that rotor, so I curious to see if it accepts standard SN95 brake components.

Cost will be a major factor to me. Looks pretty straightforward in terms of install though.

Reactions: massacre

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
It looks like the upper mount sandwiches between the frame rail and the K-member, so you'll get maybe a 3/8" drop on the K-member (judging from the pic). I'm curious to see the spindle and what brake configurations work. Looks like a pretty deep hat on that rotor, so I curious to see if it accepts standard SN95 brake components.

Cost will be a major factor to me. Looks pretty straightforward in terms of install though.
It's supposed to accept SN95 brake kits from what was mentioned in the Foxcast Media video.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
The question is how much money is this setup?

·
Registered
10,244 Posts
Taking that thing in for an alignment is gonna be a PITA and a half. If you decide to go that route, hopefully you are DIY your own alignments

·
Registered
1994 Ford Mustang
250 Posts
Thanks for the shoutout. I didn't realize this thread got brought back to life.

So yea I'm in the process of designing and building my own SLA. Since I know it will be a big learning and iterative process, I'm starting off with a stock k-member and hopefully stock LCA. I may need to raise the LCA mount but that has been done for a long time on C-Prepared cars.

As for the RideTech system it is interesting and a big change from the norm. I am not an expert and don't know their geometry but these are the things I've noticed
  • Coil over location will have similar wheel rate to stock mustangs, so spring rate will be higher
  • Their upper arm is quite short
  • Spindle geometry is unknown but can help with other shortcomings
  • Like that the spindle uses S550 rear bolt on hub, good use of using stock parts
  • I think it will be a good cruiser but racing...🤷‍♂️
  • It's hard to tell their adjustability (caster/camber)
  • It would be nice if they provide range of alignment values, how much camber and caster if it capable of? Is RCH raised, lowered, the same?

·
Registered
1994 Ford Mustang
250 Posts
Forgot to add, the expensive parts of an SLA are the coil overs and the spindle (if using aftermarket specific). Additionally the engineering, I don't know how many hours I have into making the model in Fusion360 and then testing number in Suspension Analyzer (which I had to purchase).

If you started with a MM front suspension, then can reuse the k-member and LCA. But coil over has be replaced. I just bought some JRi coil overs ($1000 each), single most expensive thing I have bought for the car.

But a-arms, mounts, ball joints are pretty cheap. But because it needs to all be installed as a complete system and the engineering involved there probably won't ever be a bolt on SLA less than $3k.

·
Registered
1994 Ford Mustang
250 Posts
Still no price, but they are saying will be available for purchase Jan 1, 2023.

SEMA 2022: Ridetech Debuts Fox Body Front SLA Conversion Kit

Some items from that article
1. Claims 1.3 deg camber gain, which seems high from what I have read. I don't think this is where more is always better. I've read around 1 deg camber gain is ideal.
2. AFX spindle....I can't find this spindle that looks like the picture any where. They say works with S550 hubs, which are 4 bolt attachment, while the picture shows a 3 bolt attachment like a Corvette
3. High UCA rake, probably to get acceptable anti-dive
4. Really curious of their roll center height at what ride height. I'm having a hard time getting an acceptable RCH (1-3") at my current ride height. Lowering the car just makes it worse.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts