Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
The A47 stuff is like bat#### crazy expensive and Griggs isn't much better.
Strange. When I went looking the A47 stuff was less expensive than Griggs.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Fully dressed... Widebody fox.
You did a really great job with that! Shame the car got bent but it sounds like it did the job you designed it for.

You wouldn't happen to be in north VA would you?

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Thanks Bryan for the link, I hadn't looked at that kit in a few years.

Do those come with strong enough bushings and ball joints for typical street abuse? Will they last 50-100k miles before needing rebuilt etc?
I run mine on the street without issues.

The ball joints are OEM stuff, you can get them at a parts store. Should be good for 100k granny driving. YMMV like anything else.

The "bushings" are metal and come with grease fittings. Keep them greased and you'll keep them happy for a long time. I would be interested to hear if A47 has ever needed to replace them from wearing out though.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
I know this is an old thread but where did you get the prices? Agent 47 has always been alot less expensive than Griggs. I bought mine years ago for 2999.99 plus 500.00 more for the penske shocks. It was almost 1/2 what Griggs wanted. They may be 4400.00 now which is still thousands cheaper than Griggs.

The only part i had to change was the shock eyelet. I have driven mine on the street for about 6 years and about 30,000 miles.
Out of curiosity, can you elaborate on the shock eyelet?

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Yeah it really is night and day; a completely different car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts