Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Let us know how it goes for you.

I was shopping and planning a couple of years ago when I discovered those SLA systems. I decided then to try to go with the Grigg's normal front suspension kit, their Koni spec'd shocks front/rear, and the MM TA and LCA's. I'm slow so it will be a while yet before I get to the suspension. Good luck,

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Added Pics of lower attaching point and UCA mount. I've changed things a few times so pics may differ from each other.

2000mcr's Library | Photobucket

Currently I am using the lower k member mounting holes for the LCA. I made the upper control arm mount. The pic is of my original mount. I fits between the K member and frame. My current mount has multiple vertical mounting positions so I can change the amount of camber gain. Still using my original MM2 Bilstein struts. They should be underdampened with the 725lb springs I'm using, but I can't feel any.
Excellent work!

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Thanks for sharing that with us, I appreciate the time and work that you put into the car. I hope you keep at it and have fun with every car you race.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Not sure which price list you are looking at, but Griggs' SN 95 SLA kit starts just under $7,000 (yes it includes coil overs for the rear).

AGENT 47's SLA (has proven faster lap times by Ernesto Roco) retails for under $4400 SN95 Suspension
Thanks Bryan for the link, I hadn't looked at that kit in a few years.

Do those come with strong enough bushings and ball joints for typical street abuse? Will they last 50-100k miles before needing rebuilt etc?

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
I run mine on the street without issues.

The ball joints are OEM stuff, you can get them at a parts store. Should be good for 100k granny driving. YMMV like anything else.

The "bushings" are metal and come with grease fittings. Keep them greased and you'll keep them happy for a long time. I would be interested to hear if A47 has ever needed to replace them from wearing out though.
Thanks. That's great for the BJ's, but I think I'll stay away from steel CA bushings for my Lincoln. I had them as OEM in my first two 86 and 85 Crown Vics, police models. Those cars did feel fine with them, but I'd still avoid that for now.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
That PhotoBucket scam sure screwed up a bunch of threads. It made me so mad I just deleted my account to get my pics out of their system. It was no easy task to get past the popups just to delete my account with them.
Yes me too, they are on my black list of companies I never do business with again. As I get time to hunt my old forum picture postings, I'll delete my photos and account with PhotoBucket.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Very nice.I loved to see a list of the parts for that, minus the fabricated UCA mounts. From top of my head guesses, I have looked at the Grigg's parts a few times. It sounds like the cost of the shocks/springs/UCA's, and the spindle adapters, plus the UCA mounts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts