Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Pro-Kit installed, and now that it has settled, it looks great, but I say a Stang yesterday that was down more, and it looked more exotic, if that makes any sense.

What I am wondering is whether the 2" drop will be too much for the daily driving that my Stang gets in the summer. It is my only vehicle for summer. Also, some have suggested that my Pro-Kit springs will continue to sag a bit more...they have been in now for two weeks and 500 km.

Would it be advisable for me to go with a lower drop or will it be a pain...I hate scraping, and just had a Magnaflow X-pipe installed.

Opinions from those with lower than 1.5" drops would be appreciated.

~Darren

PS...I have 285 KDW on the back and 255 up front, if that matters for scrubbing issues.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have a 1 3/4" H&R supersport drop on my Cobra, and the only thing I've ever had scraping was the rubber/plastic shield that is right behind the front bumper. Obviously that isn't much, but I do clip my borla catback on the 2" high speed bump at school. It doesn't hit much, but it's enough to drive me crazy. I would hate to go over any other big speed bumps. I also live in a rural area, with a lot of bumpy roads. I don't have too much of a problem, but I think 1.5 would be much better. Steeda actually recomends not lowering more than 1 1/4" for stability and body roll reasons. But if your'e not racing every weekend on the track, I would definitley recomend a 1.5" drop.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I just installed a set of supersports. I have only scraped a couple of times and it was only that little black thing on the front of the car. The car looks bad a$$ with those really low springs. I would suggest them to anyone. Also the car handles way good!

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I have the H&R Supersports on my Cobra. Coming out of parking lots I scrape the black plastic piece unless I really go at an angle...no big deal. If I have people in my car I scrape the cats over one of those rediculous entrances that some apartments and townhomes have that goes straight up and then down...but now I usually just tell them to get their fat A** out then I have no problem going over them...

The springs lowered my Cobra close to 2 inches in the front (tight three finger gap) and about 1.6 in the rear (comfortable four finger gap from the tire to the fender)...

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
i have sportlines with tokico adjustables. the only thing that scrapes is the h-pipe over big speed bumps or pointed driveway entrances. rides and looks great.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Does the springs have a level look or do they stick up in the rear like the C springs. I have been debating between the super sports and the C's and I know to get a level ride on the C's, you have to cut a coil in the rear. Is this the same for the SS or they're fine the way they are?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Never really had a problem, be careful on those speed bumps. Blew out my stock struts after about 8 months of the car being lowered, so I would suggest some adjustables.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
My car sit level with the SuperSports. Real nice look.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My car sits level with the Eibach Pro's, 1.5" all around. About the sagging, I don't know about that, I mean there is a reason Eibach has sold millions of springs...

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Could you e-mail me some pics nighttrain? I am wanting to get the pro-kit and I was just wondering what it would look like. thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts