Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I baught an SC kit which comes with the plastic discharge tube. I later upgraded the head unit to an V-2 SQ S trim. I have an 8 rib set up with 2.95 blower and 7 inch crank pulley. I don't see more than 9 lbs boost and wonder if boost may be leaking by because of the plastic pipe and lack of good clamping force. Anyone have an idea.

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
It's ok if u have a bypass.I don't remember the plastic DC tube having a bung for attaching a bypass..If it was leaking your car would run like s**t....U should b seeing more than 9#'s of boost w/a 2.95 pulley...probably a lot of slippage...Check all of your clamps & belt tension...

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just check my belt tension set with a torque wrench 90 lbs. I also have my clamps tight. I do have a bypass that I cut into the plastic tube and threaded and then used JB weld. Maybe I should use more torque on the belt.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yeah the plastic tube will be fine. I have mine with a SC-Trim and I see a solid 10psi. I have a bosch 110 bypass threaded into the tube also with JB weld.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have an SC-trim with a 3.12 and 7 inck crank and I only see 8psi. how did you get the fitting in the plastic pipe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts