Ford Mustang Forums banner
121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1989 GT
1,195 Posts
MSD sells an entire system to replace the distributor, uses COPs and is designed to work the the Terminator X. You have to remember Holley is huge, they own MSD along with half of the companies you probably have on your car. So a lot of stuff from a company like MSD fits Holley set-ups on purpose.

As far as Pro-M, it's a really great system, it's what my friend uses on his 86 GT, but the support out there is far and few. The good thing about Holley and the Terminator X/Dominator/Sniper is a lot of places tune using that software, so it's pretty well understood. Pro-M is also $2700, which probably makes up someone's mind for them instantly since it's pretty pricey.
I get it but with the documents a videos thus far I’m confidant I can get it up and running. They all suck as they require wiring

·
Registered
350 Posts
Would you describe the Term X as having very long wiring?

My potential project is a 98 Explorer, the engine harness connector to PCM is maybe eight inches long. The PCM is mounted in the firewall, at the top behind the engine.

Below is not my truck, but the closest to the basic layout I have planned. Space is limited, there's a little below and in front of the master cylinder, but not much anywhere else.
This man installed an SN95 Kenne Belle kit, with minor changes to the snout/pulley/idler parts and alignment.
View attachment 1086725
Yes, the Fox harness is a bit long rather than shorter. I think the harness is more LS specific as far as fuel pressure and oil pressure sensors go. The O2 sensor harness is very long.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 · (Edited)
I'm pretty sure this whole kit was based off the LS kit since the fittings are basically all LS style. With the exception of the specific harness's like the TFI. They give you new coolant and manifold sensors that are GM style ones that hook into the harness connectors. The IAC connector fits directly, but you then of course have to re-pin the TPS connector, which I did after the OEM connection so if I wanted to replace the TPS, I could just buy a new one and hook it to OEM connector and the new 3-pin connector is then placed before there. Here is how I wired the 3-pin connector, so the stock connector is still in place and I can just disconnect it if I wanted to replace the TPS and not have to re-pin it again.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
I put everything back together except for my X-pipe and connection for my electric fan. These twin electric fans came on the car when I bought it. For anyone with the Terminator X, do I put the electric fan as my output and enable it, configure, go to switched input triggers and from there have the ECU activate the relay to turn on my electric fans?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I put everything back together except for my X-pipe and connection for my electric fan. These twin electric fans came on the car when I bought it. For anyone with the Terminator X, do I put the electric fan as my output and enable it, configure, go to switched input triggers and from there have the ECU activate the relay to turn on my electric fans?
Yes, follow the instructions to identify which wires are assigned to the fan out puts and you set up the on temps through the handheld or laptop.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Most people like the OEM fan control very much, you might consider leaving that intact.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Thanks, yeah I just called Holley since I was confused about it and he explained it was already in the config. that comes with it. I just have to hook up my ground wire to my I/O white/gray wire and hook my red power wire back up to the relay which also has a 30 amp in-line fuse and pretty much run it the way it was before except it is controlled by my Terminator X and I can control temp. settings for it to turn on.

After carefully doing everything, I just need to hook up this wiring, and then install my new X-pipe with the Bosch WB sensor. I already had an Innovate bung new in the bag in one of my tool drawers which was a good find, so I used it to plug the pass. side. That's it! I'm going to change the oil since the car is up in the air and I have an FL-1A filter and some Mobil 1 already so I might as well change the oil while i'm under there. Also need to fill the rear diff. with 2.8 qts. I'm also replacing these projector style headlights with OEM style glass headlights so the car looks as it should. I really want the Holley headlights that fit Four Eyes which are HID brightness out of LEDs and come in 3000k and 5700k. The best thing is they look completely like OEM glass style headlights, no projectors, and keep the factory look with 10x m ore brightness. I also need to find one Marchal Fog Light, since it was cracked when I bought the car. Surprisingly, the other fog light works when switched on.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Pro-M is worth every penny, fired my tuner many moons ago, sounds like your on a budget, good luck, here is what my car does without paying someone to tune it...

427w Twin Turbo
E85 (true flex fuel, pump whatever the hell I want, whenever I want without touching the tune)
Nitrous Control
Water/Meth Control
Boost Control
Traction Control
Launch Control
Individual coils

Did I mention yet that this setup required no tuning...

View attachment 1085853
That’s what I like to hear. I should and would have paid extra for the Pro-m.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts