Ford Mustang Forums banner
61 - 80 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
The Holley system needs proper directions on fuel system design, starting, charging, grounding etc. these were the problems I had most when first installing the pro m. When I had mastered the basics, going from engine to engine was easy.
Their directions are fantastic, tons of diagrams too. Including the very things you mention. Problem is most people do not read them. There's also a ton of videos on Youtube produced by Holley and some of it's heavy influencers.

Reactions: GreyGhost86

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Not my intention. Load and Volumetric Efficiency are not the same thing. That's all I was saying. I never claimed one was better.
You said the Holley has no way of knowing load, why though? Does the definition of knowing load only apply to systems that run maf?

·
Registered
493 Posts
You said the Holley has no way of knowing load, why though? Does the definition of knowing load only apply to systems that run maf?
This isn't worth the argument. You're making more out of this than is necessary.
  • I wanted to make it clear that entry of parameters such as injector data, MAF transfer function, and engine displacement isn't done to "optimize." It's an absolute necessity. Pro M will enter this data for you for a fee. They will not do anything for you in terms of optimization (meaning maximizing power).
  • Mass Air systems use the concept of Load for fueling and spark. SD systems use Volumetric Efficiency. They are similar but not the same thing. Herein lies the principle difference between the systems. I have nothing more to say about that.
    • If you or anyone else wants to insist that SD also uses Load, go ahead. I don't care. I have nothing against you, Holley, or any other SD system.

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
Plenty happy with mine. Transferred info from my QH to the Holley program (I didn't do it, someone online did it for me since I had no knowledge of the Holley setup) turned the key and it fired right up. Drove it 1 hour to the tuner and done. Been great.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Summit or Jegs doesn't have it either.
On a whim, I decided to try ordering it from Summit since they showed 10 in stock. I paid the extra $21 for 2-day delivery, it arrived today. I haven't opened the box yet but the manifest lists the correct foxbody part #. Just FYI for people still looking to buy. Total price with tax and the expedited shipping was $1,395.82. Likely won't be installed until end of summer or Fall.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Yeah just called they don't have any in stock and aren't expecting to ship any out till September 6 so that means you'll never get it.
...it arrived today.
I guess those 10 they had in stock last week disappeared pretty quickly, that's partly why I paid the $21 extra for expedited shipping so that if they did have any on hand, they would prioritize my order.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Also, the Holley struggles with Ford PWM IAC control and the TFI is sketchy too. They were supposed to be working with Matt to sort these out. It works much better with a Holley Dual Sync. These issues mostly affect drivability and idle control.
I've had a Holley HP on four different combos--347 with a YSI, stock NA 302, HCI 302 w/turbo, and 363 with turbo. Cams from mild to wild. The Ford PWM IAC and TFI ran them all with no issues.

Out of curiosity, boredom, and to free up an input for the future, I installed a GM IAC on the 363. No difference.

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
I've had a Holley HP on four different combos--347 with a YSI, stock NA 302, HCI 302 w/turbo, and 363 with turbo. Cams from mild to wild. The Ford PWM IAC and TFI ran them all with no issues.

Out of curiosity, boredom, and to free up an input for the future, I installed a GM IAC on the 363. No difference.
Manual trans? Did you street drive a lot or mostly track?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Manual trans? Did you street drive a lot or mostly track?
C4. Different stalls from 2200 to 5K. It's not my DD but I drive it once or twice a week. Average about 400 miles a month. Might see the track twice a year.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
On a whim, I decided to try ordering it from Summit since they showed 10 in stock. I paid the extra $21 for 2-day delivery, it arrived today. I haven't opened the box yet but the manifest lists the correct foxbody part #. Just FYI for people still looking to buy. Total price with tax and the expedited shipping was $1,395.82. Likely won't be installed until end of summer or Fall.

Damn, I called Jegs and they didn't haven't so I just thought Summit was probably in the same situation. That's $100 cheaper than I paid. Good deal man. Definitely people should order from there until they run out. Just yesterday I talked to Anderson and they told me they have about 2 months worth of stock, I don't know what exactly that means since it's not perishable and have no idea how many per month a Terminator X people consume lol. At least we know Summit and Anderson Ford has them in stock.

People should start posting where they bought their kit, if they just bought one to let other people know where kits are still in stock.

Reactions: aurdraco

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
In a way i'm happy the kits are flying off the shelves in a way and forced me to buy one sooner than I planned. As i'm taking apart my current harness, this previous owner was a complete dingus and wired everything to places to places they should be wired. I found multiple splices directly into the harness about 4 inches away from the plug into the ECU. Single twist wiring with a single piece of electrical tape connecting it. I think I may solve many electrical gremlins by getting rid of the stock ECU/harness and this guys atrocious wiring "skills."

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
I ordered mine direct from Holley
Recently? I called them last week and they said they had 0 Fox Body kits in stock. They could piece it together though.

Reactions: massacre

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
In a way i'm happy the kits are flying off the shelves in a way and forced me to buy one sooner than I planned. As i'm taking apart my current harness, this previous owner was a complete dingus and wired everything to places to places they should be wired. I found multiple splices directly into the harness about 4 inches away from the plug into the ECU. Single twist wiring with a single piece of electrical tape connecting it. I think I may solve many electrical gremlins by getting rid of the stock ECU/harness and this guys atrocious wiring "skills."
Yeah, I've been that dingus on my own car. I can't even remember what I did to the wiring and pins in the past, I've had the car since the mid-90s and at some point, I added a wide-band, tried switching to a SN95 ECU (I think), switched back to the X3Z EEC-IV (I think), etc. Before I yanked the motor in 2016 for bad bearings, I was chasing gremlins and check engine lights, having problems with tunes, getting frustrated with quarterhorse and binary editor, etc. To hell with all that, hoping the Holley unit makes running my rebuilt engine a piece of cake. fingers crossed

61 - 80 of 128 Posts