Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Anyways, I went searching this morning after a few retailers that said they had stock, actually didn't, and I was able to find AFM still had stock of the Holley Terminator X set-up for Fox Body 302s, so I went ahead and made the purchase. They were charging a couple hundred more than I intended to pay, but they didn't charge tax and only $10 for shipping. The other places I was going to order from charge tax and the end price would have been only $100 less, so it's not that much I would be saving. I'm just happy I was able to order the Holley Terminator X while I still can.
I am not familiar with AFM, can you share a link? Also, I'm confused why you wouldn't purchase the unit from a vendor with a lower total cost, can you share who that/those vendors were? I was going to wait to get my fox terminator until my motor was back from the machine shop later this summer but I guess I shouldn't wait now, appreciate the heads up about the units being discontinued.

As for the Quarterhorse, I tried it for years with my simple GT40/e303 306 but it kicked my ass. Even paid Decipha for help years ago (he was very patient) but I think my original '92 wiring harness was just causing gremlin after gremlin. I wish I could have got it to work but I think the Holley Terminator X, with its included harness, will hopefully put those issues behind me.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Summit or Jegs doesn't have it either.
On a whim, I decided to try ordering it from Summit since they showed 10 in stock. I paid the extra $21 for 2-day delivery, it arrived today. I haven't opened the box yet but the manifest lists the correct foxbody part #. Just FYI for people still looking to buy. Total price with tax and the expedited shipping was $1,395.82. Likely won't be installed until end of summer or Fall.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Yeah just called they don't have any in stock and aren't expecting to ship any out till September 6 so that means you'll never get it.
...it arrived today.
I guess those 10 they had in stock last week disappeared pretty quickly, that's partly why I paid the $21 extra for expedited shipping so that if they did have any on hand, they would prioritize my order.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
In a way i'm happy the kits are flying off the shelves in a way and forced me to buy one sooner than I planned. As i'm taking apart my current harness, this previous owner was a complete dingus and wired everything to places to places they should be wired. I found multiple splices directly into the harness about 4 inches away from the plug into the ECU. Single twist wiring with a single piece of electrical tape connecting it. I think I may solve many electrical gremlins by getting rid of the stock ECU/harness and this guys atrocious wiring "skills."
Yeah, I've been that dingus on my own car. I can't even remember what I did to the wiring and pins in the past, I've had the car since the mid-90s and at some point, I added a wide-band, tried switching to a SN95 ECU (I think), switched back to the X3Z EEC-IV (I think), etc. Before I yanked the motor in 2016 for bad bearings, I was chasing gremlins and check engine lights, having problems with tunes, getting frustrated with quarterhorse and binary editor, etc. To hell with all that, hoping the Holley unit makes running my rebuilt engine a piece of cake. fingers crossed

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Mine did arrive, so I guess I got lucky with Summit. Looks like everything is there and, I know this is a really weird thing to say, but it just smells good. I'm used to car **** smelling bad (gear oil, no cats exhaust, I have no interior in my car, etc.) so the clean smell of hope stands out lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts