Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I received my Terminator X max a couple weeks ago.
I was using 1994 ECM and SCT chip, car would either start and run perfect, or overfuel and stall. I was chasing my tail trying to diagnose the problem, when all i wanted to do is drive the car.
The moates/tweecer stuff is cheaper, but the learning curve is steep and not many tuners around here that i would trust to tune the old stuff.
The term x max solves a few problems for me, new ECM and wiring, can control the trans, has a display, and can tune the car. Also can handle future upgrades as well which I have planned.
I'm taking my time installing it, i had to replace a bunch of sensors as i was still using 1994 sensors and the Holley harness connectors would not fit. MAP and coolant temp are all that need connected for the engine, then can start working on the trans wiring.

I'm glad i ordered when i did, writing seems to be on the wall for this type of equipment. I'm excited to get the car up and running again so i can drive it!

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
What do you mean??? the holley tunes itself LOL.... Go over to the holley forums or to any of the FB pages who specialize in Holley and see how untrue that really is.
I'm not on FB but i do read the Holley forums.
Just out of curiosity, are you running a Holley system? What problems have you had?
I'm hoping i don't have too many problems lol. I'm just taking my time trying to make sure everything is installed correctly.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I have read about the IAC issues, i am using the mod motor kit so hopefully i won't have issues?
Lots of people switch to GM style IAC i see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts