Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a horrible miss fortune during a wind storm yesterday....The wind lifted the front of my car, blowing back the hood, and ripping the head linner from the car. The hood smashed up the plastic cowl vent, and dented the metal area around the windsheild wipers. Is that peice replaceable? The metal part that is? Adam

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
hate to tell you but no it isnt you can have someone cut it out and weld in a new peiece but you just cant bolt one in Sorry to hear man that sucks, Happened to my old car the day after I got it painted!!:(

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
About two months ago someone stole my front hood pins while at the track. I was going home and the latch let loose blowing my hood up and giving my cowl vent the "taco" look. (Pushed down about four inches.) IT IS FIXABLE! Just don't go through your insurance, they will most likely total your car. We put a engine puller up against my bumper, put three O-ring style bolts in the cowl (left, middle, right) and used a come-along to pull it out. At the same time you'll have to get a Portapower hydraulic pump to push UP. And to get the final touches, use a 4" jack to push up, and out -- on the places the come-along and portapower can't handle. When you're ready to paint it again skim the top of the cowl with bondo and block it out to give it the straight look again.

It sucks that, that happened. Although it can be fixed, it's not easy. Luckily between my father and I we have the tools, time and know-how. The second option would be to take it to several shops and ask what can be done. But like I said, don't take it to insurance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.