Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been able to log into SBFTech in several days. I'm hoping that it's just a glitch in the system. I'm also hoping Jim sees this and can let us know what is going on.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Please tell me it isn't dead (gone)! Sbftech is such a valuable resource that I access quite often.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
907 Posts
Appears to be dead. Even their facebook is gone.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Has anyone heard from Joel to get a true understanding of what is going on? I don't believe there was an announcement that the site was going to be shut down?

·
Vendor
11,900 Posts
SBFTech never had a facebook page. Its not dead, Joel has been MIA for atleast a year, although he is on facebook. Something personal I guess. I am BURIED under work at the shop. I just need to update the software and the sql database version. It's on my hit list this weekend. Its 1230 am and I am honing dart blocks lol

Being the owner and founder of it, I am the one to ask lmao. All is well. Just stupid busy

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Good to hear, Jim!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Good to hear Jim, I understand about being too busy. I have to get out in my garage and get my mail truck fixed. Later,

·
Vendor
11,900 Posts
I wont ever take the site down. It resides on a very old server in a data center in new jersey. I was given the server and all the bandwidth I need for free from a dear friend who owns an extremely large hosting outfit. Its so old I think it has a crank handle on it like a model T.

So it takes a dump every once in a blue moon and I nicely ask him to give it a swift kick in the ass at his leisure.

All is well

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Thanks Woody, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Now I don't feel so bad because I PM'd Woody a little bit ago to approve my membership over there and never heard back. I thought he just didn't like me. lol

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yeah I know, old thread but I have been unable to log back in for quite some time. Is the site still up and running okay? Would really like to log back in.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Facebook is the death of knowledge exchange and record. It's just what's right now or the last couple hours. You can't go back and research anything. It just a worthless vapid narcissistic time suck.

Back to the topic, I do find a fair number of nuggets of info on sbftech. I've taken to screenshot printing to PDF a few things in case it goes away. The thread on the budget 300hp 302 is visited at least once or twice a month. There is a thread on GT40 heads I've looked at several times as well as one on a Daytona Ignition product being used with a 87-93 TFI distributor. Even if becomes just a searchable repository of info I'd be satisfied. I'd be sorry to see it disappear.

Information in digital form is at severe risk of being lost when to hosting source is closed or replaced. Think about how many literary works would have been lost were it not for hardcopy books and documents. The collective knowledge in forums is beyond measure, but on the edge of loss at all times.

·
Registered
189 Posts
People have left forums in droves and moved to facebook, so fixing the software has not been high on my list of stuff to do considering the forum guys are gone. I will look into it
Thank you.
I have a facebook account but I really can't stand that place.
Would really like to see a resurgence of SBFtech. Lots of great info. and advice on that board.

·
Administrator
53,617 Posts
Most forums have died off because of FB, no question, but there ARE some pretty decent private tech groups I belong to. The Holley EFI group is decent and well moderated. a lot of old Corral peeps are on FB, I still talk to Chris Ihara, Donna and Fraser, Robkong and a bunch of others from the "old days"...

·
Administrator
53,617 Posts
Facebook is the death of knowledge exchange and record. It's just what's right now or the last couple hours. You can't go back and research anything. It just a worthless vapid narcissistic time suck.

Back to the topic, I do find a fair number of nuggets of info on sbftech. I've taken to screenshot printing to PDF a few things in case it goes away. The thread on the budget 300hp 302 is visited at least once or twice a month. There is a thread on GT40 heads I've looked at several times as well as one on a Daytona Ignition product being used with a 87-93 TFI distributor. Even if becomes just a searchable repository of info I'd be satisfied. I'd be sorry to see it disappear.

Information in digital form is at severe risk of being lost when to hosting source is closed or replaced. Think about how many literary works would have been lost were it not for hardcopy books and documents. The collective knowledge in forums is beyond measure, but on the edge of loss at all times.

Keep the WAYBACK machine in your favorites; you can still see a lot of old tech websites via www.archive.org

1 - 20 of 22 Posts