Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my JBA headers, Dr. Gas X-pipe, and Flowmaster cat-back on last Saturday ( started friday, header install SUX!) along with a set of 4.10's. I took the car to the track Sunday and, re-learning how to drive the car, ran the times listed in my SIG. I have yet to install my shift light, so I was shifting off of the stock tach. At first I thought I was bumping the rev limiter at my shift points because the car would give a slight "missing" sound at my shift. After thinking about it, I am wondering if the car is experiencing a high RPM lean out and miss? I haven't upgraded the OEM pump as of yet, but I do have a Motorsport 190 to install. Is the efficiency of the exhaust causing this? I am using the stock processor, no chip as of yet. ( I was waiting to do a dyno tune when I install my blower). Would adding the pump help? Is it going to defeat the purpose if I do not make a fuel pressure adjustment at the same time?

Or am I just imagining things and talking out of my ass???? :D

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Geeeezzzz......page 3 and no one has any ideas?

I drove it again today, same deal... Get on it hard and it sounds like a high RPM miss, now it seems to start about 6000 rpm or so... WTF?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts