Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is maybe a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyways lol.
The temperature gauge goes all the way to N O R M A L sometimes when the AC is on.

Btw, Its 111F outside.

Is my car running hotter then it should or is this normal?

·
Registered
54 Posts
im pretty anal about my temp gauge. i dunno why. i have a vortech running 10 pounds and a 2 core aluminum radiator. i keep it between the N and the O....i never run the a/c even when it hits 90's as it does a lot. if i do run the a/c itll go between R and M....where i get anal is when it starts to hit R when the A/C is OFF (90*+ and traffic) then i usually turn the heat on. But, yeah, you seem to be running a touch hot but considering the heat in AZ its pretty reasonable. just keep an eye on it...and u may wanna consider an aftermarket radiator.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
As posted in previous messages, you really can't tell squat without a real temp gauge. Just watchiing my stock gauge compared to my Autometer gauge shows the stock gauge doesn't even stay consistent to any given temperature. Get a good gauge then figure it out. Especially you, TCobra50, with that setup, you should be monitoring your vitals a little better than trusting the stock gauge. Stock cooling system works really well when it is in tip top shape. May car doesn't see anything higher than 205 with A/C on in 100+ weather in standstill traffic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts