Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it very effective moving the battery to the trunk? To me it seems worth <$100 to move 35lbs off the nose and onto the axle. But not sure about real world results.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Yes, relocating the battery is worth it. Even if you are dead hooking now most of the time, it will add in your attempt to dead hook all the time. In other words, say you're hooking on the track today, but next trip its not prepped as well, while others are having a hard time hooking up, you're still hooking well! Any weight that can be removed from the front is worth it (except maybe the bumper for safety reasons and saving your motor LOL).
I didn't see any ET Gain from the move because I was already hooking well. Same thing with putting on a tubular k-member. I didn't see much if any ET gain, but I can say that now I'm hooking at tracks where other friends are having trouble hooking.
The relocation might have cost me $75 or so. I got the moroso box 2nd hand for $40, then a cutoff switch for $10, then the cable and lugs were around $25. I used 1 gauge welding cable, very thick, but very pliable (easy to bend). I ran it through the subframe connector outside the car up to the front. I still need to run a kill wire to the alternator to be truly NHRA tech legal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts