Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about it since I'm only goin to drive it for fun, and to goof off when its nice.

·
Registered
560 Posts
In conjunction with other weight reduction techniques it is.

·
Registered
305 Posts
if only for weight loss it' s kinda a draw unless you do mroe than just he rear seat.. even the littlest helpes.. but if you do it you won't have to worry about having people in your back seat anymore and causing your car to be slower. its a 50/50 split on that one .

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think that it just depends on your situation. I myself am going to get the rear seat delete kit because I rarely have anybody sitting in the backseat, so why not make your car a little lighter?

·
Registered
214 Posts
it doesn't bother me that the rear seat is gone just the fact the most people that need a ride want to sit on the delete kit..of course when there's someone sitting in the front

·
Registered
10,012 Posts
i took the back seat out of my 96 gt a while back when removing the side scoops and the seat didn't feel very heavy at all...don't see it as being a real benefit by removing just it alone.

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you just take out the one-piece foam rear seat cushion, no. it only weighs a few pounds. The real weight is in the seat backs. Take those out along with the hardware and you've got youself some significant dead weight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts