Ford Mustang Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
key said:
Why do our cars always seem to have a dyno graph that looks real wavey? Just wondering, my car has that too, and most graphs I've seen look that way.
key, I'd noticed this too, but dont remember seeing it before the '99 cars. I have wondered if it has something to do with how the car is strapped down and maybe flexing/interaction with the IRS when you first matt the throttle for the pull. dont know if I'd seen it on a GT, if anyone has then that blows that theory. If it was real, I gotta believe a lot of people would be commenting on it cause I gotta believe you could feel it when you drove it...

[edit] and after reading Bob's sig that pretty much blows that theory anyway since he did a live axle swap... Oh well, it was just an idea.

ME:
STD correction: 322rwhp
SAE correction: 314rwhp
NO correction (Actual): 318 rwhp
Close but still no cigar :(
Wonder what a tune and a catback would do for me..........

Discussion starter · #23 ·
has ford released their new heads for the 4cammer
are they planning on it
what will they cost

stangdsm said:
has ford released their new heads for the 4cammer
are they planning on it
what will they cost
yes, the FR500 heads are in the 2002 catalog. 750.00 per bare head.

The intake and valvetrain, to my knowledge, arnt out yet.

If i just suddenly decided to become a colombian drug lord, i would get hogged out FR500 heads, Mod Max valvetrain, and ported FR500 intake.......mmm.....

32VHEMIJR said:
ME:
STD correction: 322rwhp
SAE correction: 314rwhp
NO correction (Actual): 318 rwhp
Close but still no cigar :(
Wonder what a tune and a catback would do for me..........
KEEEE-RIST! That with stock mufflers and no tune? Wow, I gotta believe you will EASILY HIT 325 SAE!

32VfromHell said:

yes, the FR500 heads are in the 2002 catalog. 750.00 per bare head.

The intake and valvetrain, to my knowledge, arnt out yet.

If i just suddenly decided to become a colombian drug lord, i would get hogged out FR500 heads, Mod Max valvetrain, and ported FR500 intake.......mmm.....
Exactly:cool:

Sure can, BUT

Update for those who have followed Shawn Johnson's carbed mod motor. Shawn's trip to the chassis dyno last night netted 300+ rwhp and rwtq. This is a bone stock 1999 4V with 20k plus mileage.
This hp/tq was generated using a high stall converter and C4 trans.

Shawn ran 11.3s first time out and should run high 10's this weekend at WFC5.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.