Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on getting the '01 head kit ($1100). Would installing shorties be any easier to install while the heads are off? How much of a gain do they offer? (Assume FRPP unequal length). How about a 70mm TB...worth it?

I'd appreciate your $.02

·
Registered
697 Posts
I installed my Shorty's on the head while it was out of car. I then put head onto block and finished the job. Dont expect big gains outta the swap but since you have head off, you might as well upgrade now. Gains from the TB are about the same a Headers very small. I guess that with the Headers and TB you might pick up 10HP at the rear wheels.

·
Registered
959 Posts
The answer is yes. If you are going to do shorties, do them while the heads are off. I think 10hp estimate is low but I can't say. I think you have to look at what your plans are. If you see a supercharger in your future, then it is a necessity. If you see n/a maximization then longtubes will be your better bet and wait. Again, the answer is yes. It is really a non-issue with the heads off the car since you have to swap headers onto the new heads anyway. Stock or aftermarket, it is up to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.