Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a 316? And what do you think of it as a shortblock (daily driver around 45mi a day to work)

1.) Stock stroke crankshaft
2.) 5.315" rods (.912" pin Dia.- 2.123 crank Dia.)
3.) 4.030" pistons ( .150" dome )

Is this a 316?
And what do you think about it for daily use?

I also have a set of Vic. jr. heads 2.05/1.60
Thinking about Canfields?????
Vic.jr. intake
Demon 850
BBK longtubes
It is a SCAT crank and Eagel H beam rods
Thanks for any and all suggestions and comments.
Shannon
And if you think it is all wrong you can e-me to save me the embarasment [email protected]

·
Registered
646 Posts
You have a stock stroke 306 c.i.d. The only way you can pick up cubic inch wise is to either bore the block or increase the crankshaft stroke.The only thing done here is you added longer rods designed for the 347 strokers. To use these rods you will need a piston with a 1.391 compression height according to a stock deckheight of 8.206".I don't know if anyone even makes a piston with that compression height + pin diameter + bore diameter with out getting into my piston catalogs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is .030" over and I thought 347 used a longer rod like a 5.4 or something. Doesnt the 30over make it a 306 and the rod make it a 316? this is what I am trying to find out, I know they make 331,347 stroker kits but I was told they also have a 316 kit and I trying to find out if that is what this would be

·
Registered
356 Posts
yes I guess it would be a 316 but the pistons would come up way too far and collide with the head. 4.030 only means .030 in diameter, you need a shorter piston and {retro 5.0} and me says they dont make that piston you would need. Therefor you cant take a short cut here you have to bite the bullet and buy a new crank pistons and rods. or you can get A 289 block and fill it with your stock 302 internals and call it a 302 sroker motor, but you already have that :}

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Rod length doesnt change cubic inches in any way. If you have a 4.030 bore and the stock 3.00 stroke crank you have a 306 even if you have 6" rods!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts