Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard split opinions on this one.

I am asking because I am simply going to have them look at my headlamps under the SSM 15283 (where headlamps become spotted). Mine are horrific. Anyway, I wonder if they can void a warranty on a part of the car that I am not having then look at ie exhaust or the pulleys. I know paranoia is setting in --- but I dont want to have my warranty voided since I have the extended warranty.
Am I fine taking the car in for the lamps with no problems?
Thanks
MIKE

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I'd say dont worry about it, you should be fine with Bass Ford. I had them replace a tranny even though i had off road h, shorty shifter, monster tach, i think 4.30 gears and a whole bunch of other stuff. They have been completely mod friendly with me.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
zak,
Thanks for the reply. I do not know how true this is, but from what I hear, it is better to go during the 2nd shift 3pm and later to have work done. I just dont want to get burned over something unrelated to performance.

MIKE

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mike Bass flat out refuses to work on my car after I told them I had put in a windsor block and PI heads. Since they didn't do the swap with the factory-spec original components they said they didn't want to get into it.

I asked Lloyd-Manwell Ford to look at my car and the only problem was that they were booked for over a week. They sell/install Ford Performance stuff there and do things like rear-end changes. This is where Mike Bass tries to send stuff they don't want to play with.

I ended up going to Liberty Ford in Vermillion (sp?) and neglected to state the change in engine.:D

When I switched over to duals, Trak-Lok, and a 3.73 rear end Bass never had a problem working on my car. I think it depends on what has or has not been altered to the vehicle.

As far as parts are concerned, I like going towards the evening because Walt the part guy is cool and the dorks in the morning always manage to get me irritated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.