Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
It's great. It's better to get a custom tune than buying a preprogrammed one. I got one since I'm supercharged and the car needed to be retuned. I don't how much it would help on a stock to lightly modded car though.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Unless something is really off with your car (it's running too rich or too lean from the factory) I'd wait on a chip until you've got a signigicant number of mods that affect airflow in/out of the engine. Then a dyno-tuned chip will help to tie all your mods together to maximize their 'overall' potential.

Tom Crews

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I don't have to worry about the mod issue. I have everything except the kitchen sink on my car. And If I could I'd fit that in there too.j/k.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Get a custom dyno-tuned chip, especially with all that work you got. I have a mail order one from JMS, but my car ain't exactly the same as yours!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have had mine for about 2 years now and it's great. Car has a custom dyno tune with 2 programs on the ship and soon to be 3 programs. One for everyday 91 octane(crap cali gas) and the 2nd program is for 100 octane at the drag strip. The 3rd one i will be doing soon is for the nitrous oxide i will be adding in the next couple of months.

I wouldn't suggest a mail order program though, spend the extra and get it done right.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
calwyglfer

well I'm definately getting a dyno tuned chip. Now, I didn't know that I can run 2-3 programs on the Autologic. I'm running 2 on my Delta now. Is there a switch on the chip to switch from 1-2.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
fasterblackhybrid: As it was explained to my by the guy who tunes my chip, the Autologic has the capability of storing up to 4 programs and being switched remotely (I'm assuming via two toggle switches). I'm installing my n2o kit next week and will be taking the car back to have another program added for the gas. We'll see then just how the switching works...

·
Registered
456 Posts
fasterblackhybrid said:
calwyglfer

well I'm definately getting a dyno tuned chip. Now, I didn't know that I can run 2-3 programs on the Autologic. I'm running 2 on my Delta now. Is there a switch on the chip to switch from 1-2.
When you get the chip you will find 3 wires on it, if memory serves me correct they are red, black, and blue. You need to run the wires to a dial switch and then your good to go. I put my switch in the glove box so a passanger didn't screw with it. It is nothing more than a 3 position dial switch from a hardware store, all the way to the left is program 1(strret tune) middle program 2(100 octane N/A) and far right program 3( nirous program).

Works out really well and no wires showing which is always nice. I am in Fl right now and will be back in Cali on the 23rd, if you want some pics let me know.:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sure send them to [email protected].

Right now my Delta has the same thing. I've put the switch near my lighter, where the traction control switch would've been located. I positioned the light right above it. For saftey reasons I put a switch cover from summit over it, so that there would be no accidents.

Do all autologic chips come w/ capibilities to run multiple tunes? and do you have a pics of the tune?

Also does the chip come with a light to show which tune you are on?

·
Registered
456 Posts
fasterblackhybrid said:
Sure send them to [email protected].

Right now my Delta has the same thing. I've put the switch near my lighter, where the traction control switch would've been located. I positioned the light right above it. For saftey reasons I put a switch cover from summit over it, so that there would be no accidents.

Do all autologic chips come w/ capibilities to run multiple tunes? and do you have a pics of the tune?

Also does the chip come with a light to show which tune you are on?
Yes i beleive all the autologic chips made now come with the mutli program capability. There is no light on the chip at all or on my dial but it's not a big deal beacause it's really easy for me to see what program it's in.

As for the tune pics are you just wanting a pic of the dyno sheet or are you looking for something else. I have the dyno session on disk and if it lets me email it out i will be happy to do so.:cool:

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,411 Posts
I've got an Autologic chip custom tuned for my NA Cobra. I gained about 15hp/15tq from 4500-redline. I need a retune now though. I think they could put up to four programs on the chip.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts