Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to Ms. Steart at NX today. She told me to avoid dry kits like the plague. Is this true?

Let's not get into the torque debate again. I just want safety info.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nothing wrong with a dry kit in my book. The problems come when people get greedy. Once you start introducing more nitrous than your existing fuel system can compensate for, you start running the risk of going lean.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Mrs. Stewart from www.nitrouswarehouse.com? John always hated anything but NX wet kits. Honestly, you can make power with anything. Nothing that adds power is going to be safe.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, John Stewart's widow. I'm sure he only like NX kits, since they owned NX (as she made VERY clear today).

·
Registered
436 Posts
She is a real nice lady, but as stated before, John (RIP) promoted WET because he was the Number distrubutor for the NX wet systems.

As also stated, as long as your fuel supply is there you will be fine. Get it to a wideband dyno so you know you are not running lean - that is the ticket!

·
Registered
468 Posts
I talked to Ms. Steart at NX today. She told me to avoid dry kits like the plague. Is this true?
Yeah, I called NX Tech support and was told that Dry kits are very bad. When asked about the fuel puddling issue with wet kits, I was told that NX has a "superior nozzle that totally atomizes the fuel." And that fuel puddling wasn't a problem with their system. After that, I didn't feel to confident buying one of their systems.
I'm NOT saying that it's a bad system. Hell, my damn NOS 5116 kit is still unoperational because of a faulty window switch. NOS sucks!:barf:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts