Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, now that i have decided to keep the stang i want to make it quick on the strip. With my new springs (H&R Race) the wheelhop from the IRS is totally gone. I can't get it to hop no matter what I dow (although turning the tires into smoke is no problem :D) . Now, I am running a vortech blower and bullitt intake and guess that i am putting down ~400 hp to the wheels. Should i try DR's or just swap back to a live axle? I like the ride and handling of the IRS but I know it will never hook as well as the solid rear. It would be nice to run slicks but i don't think it will ever happen with the IRS.

What would you guys do, stay with the IRS or swap back to a live axle?

Thanks

Q

·
Registered
627 Posts
Check my sig and you'll see where my vote is. :D
Ever since I put the solid in I absolutely love this car. I love to drag race and that IRS made me want to sell the car. Now I launch hard and I have a huge grin on my face all the way down the track. And the ride quality really isn't all that much worse than w/ the IRS.
My .02.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think this is where i am leaning also. I love to autocross and road course but i have a WRX now which works well for that. The mustang has so much power now that when i take a corner and nail it the tires come loose. I guess now i just need to find someone who is willing to swap!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts