Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the next few week's I'm going to be installing a 99 cobra center section w/ 3.73's and a trac-loc in my 95 mark viii (direct swap, no mods needed). My question is what do you guys recommend for bushings? From what I've read the stock ones are way too soft and that allows for a good amount of carrier movement. I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
95BlkLSC said:
In the next few week's I'm going to be installing a 99 cobra center section w/ 3.73's and a trac-loc in my 95 mark viii (direct swap, no mods needed). My question is what do you guys recommend for bushings? From what I've read the stock ones are way too soft and that allows for a good amount of carrier movement. I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks!
Pauls high performance (in jackson michigan) offers a good IRS brace w/ urethane bushings. On a stock snake, it helps considerabley, but on a modified snake w/ gears, its help is limited. IMHO, its still a good investment...

good luck

Chris

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
The MM are the subframe bushings, the Steeda are the differential front mount bushings. No one has poly LCA bushings for the IRS yet, and I think that's one of THE most important locations for hte new bushings.

Anyways - yes. Don't use the stock subframe bushings. You'd be better off with Jell-O.

Todd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts