Ford Mustang Forums banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

· Registered
153 Posts
I am in the market for a new GT will have to see how I like the headrests
My dad has a 2011 Edge, and I hate the headrests on that too

· Registered
830 Posts
i like the headrest position...until i strap on my hemit and my head gets forced forward by it.

· Registered
2 Posts
Condescending reply

:hammer:
so scoot the seat forward to compensate?

the point is, you shouldn't be sitting with the seatback straight up and down in the car.

i'm 6ft and have plenty of legroom in my seating position, while at the same time having the headrest in a non-intrusive spot. it's not rocket science, it's also not the 70s anymore where the seat has to be like a dining room chair.
:hammer:

Dude, that's insulting & idiotic. I'm sure we all want dining room chairs in our pony cars... Obviously driving a mustang didn't raise your IQ. Not everyone is 6ft tall (shockingly, some folks on here are taller), not does everyone like the neck-pokey headrests. Ignorance is also bliss as this particular angle is not "government mandated" as you posted - it's a design feature chosen by Ford. Like a lot of features, you either like it or you don't. Other sports cars as well as other newer pony cars have headrests that are in line with the seatback. Let me know if you need examples.:joy:

· Registered
2,988 Posts
:hammer::hammer:

Dude, that's insulting & idiotic. I'm sure we all want dining room chairs in our pony cars... Obviously driving a mustang didn't raise your IQ. Not everyone is 6ft tall (shockingly, some folks on here are taller), not does everyone like the neck-pokey headrests. Ignorance is also bliss as this particular angle is not "government mandated" as you posted - it's a design feature chosen by Ford. Like a lot of features, you either like it or you don't. Other sports cars as well as other newer pony cars have headrests that are in line with the seatback. Let me know if you need examples.:joy:

you dig up a thread that hasn't been touched in over a year and YOU make pokes at my IQ? LMAO you're the idiot here.

speaking of your ignorance... it only took about 30 seconds to pull this up on Google. you could have spent the time it took to make your idiotic rambling post to look up what you were ranting about and not looked like a complete moron doing it. i bet you're one of those mouth breathing index finger pecking typers though, so it took you 10 mins to type that post...

now on to what the government mandated for headrests:

S2.1 Application. This standard applies to passenger cars, and to multipurpose passenger vehicles, trucks and buses with a GVWR of 4,536 kg or less, manufactured on or after September 1, 2008. Mandatory applicability begins on September 1, 2008. Until September 1, 2008, manufacturers may comply with the standard in this Section 571.202a, with the standard in Section 571.202, or with the European regulations referenced in S4.3(a) of Section 571.202.

you can read all about the whiplash reducing designs and why the room between your head and the headrest is what it is at this link:

DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION

· Registered
37,990 Posts
Yeah - they ended my test drive after about 15 minutes. My wife not only couldn't drive it - she couldn't even ride in it.

Wait a minute - I may have made a strategic mistake.....

· Registered
37,990 Posts
BTW - old thread I know, but the head restraint (it's not a 'rest') doesn't have to be touching your head to restrain it in the event of a rearend collision. Just needs to limit movement so it doesn't, you know, end up in the back seat by itself.

· Registered
796 Posts
No they dont.. maybe later production '12s do, but mine dont.
Yeah the late 12 models have adjustable headrests. I have an 11 with the crappy headrests. My friend has a 12 and his are adjustable. Both are base model cars and both were purchased new from ford.

Do an internet search and you will see multiple threads on this topic. I took the one out of my friends car and installed it in mine to make sure it fits so I wish I knew the ford part number for the adjustable ones so I could swap my drivers side headrest.

· Registered
1,110 Posts

· Registered
6,701 Posts
Yeah the late 12 models have adjustable headrests. I have an 11 with the crappy headrests. My friend has a 12 and his are adjustable. Both are base model cars and both were purchased new from ford.

Do an internet search and you will see multiple threads on this topic. I took the one out of my friends car and installed it in mine to make sure it fits so I wish I knew the ford part number for the adjustable ones so I could swap my drivers side headrest.
I know they do, but how about we say that the late production '12s have them, since all of them dont.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.