Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,988 Posts
if the headrests are pointed forward, your seat isn't leaned back in the proper position. the headrests should be straight up and down. they are a gov't mandated anti-whiplash feature since 2007.

· Registered
2,988 Posts
so scoot the seat forward to compensate?

the point is, you shouldn't be sitting with the seatback straight up and down in the car.

i'm 6ft and have plenty of legroom in my seating position, while at the same time having the headrest in a non-intrusive spot. it's not rocket science, it's also not the 70s anymore where the seat has to be like a dining room chair.

· Registered
2,988 Posts
:hammer::hammer:

Dude, that's insulting & idiotic. I'm sure we all want dining room chairs in our pony cars... Obviously driving a mustang didn't raise your IQ. Not everyone is 6ft tall (shockingly, some folks on here are taller), not does everyone like the neck-pokey headrests. Ignorance is also bliss as this particular angle is not "government mandated" as you posted - it's a design feature chosen by Ford. Like a lot of features, you either like it or you don't. Other sports cars as well as other newer pony cars have headrests that are in line with the seatback. Let me know if you need examples.:joy:

you dig up a thread that hasn't been touched in over a year and YOU make pokes at my IQ? LMAO you're the idiot here.

speaking of your ignorance... it only took about 30 seconds to pull this up on Google. you could have spent the time it took to make your idiotic rambling post to look up what you were ranting about and not looked like a complete moron doing it. i bet you're one of those mouth breathing index finger pecking typers though, so it took you 10 mins to type that post...

now on to what the government mandated for headrests:

S2.1 Application. This standard applies to passenger cars, and to multipurpose passenger vehicles, trucks and buses with a GVWR of 4,536 kg or less, manufactured on or after September 1, 2008. Mandatory applicability begins on September 1, 2008. Until September 1, 2008, manufacturers may comply with the standard in this Section 571.202a, with the standard in Section 571.202, or with the European regulations referenced in S4.3(a) of Section 571.202.

you can read all about the whiplash reducing designs and why the room between your head and the headrest is what it is at this link:

DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.