Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, son has called me twice now. His top would not go up the other night and then it just started working. Now he calls me and tells me that it won't go down. What should I look at? Is there a switch on the parking brake handle that could go bad?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
my fox has done the same thing to me about 4 times..... I'll hit the switch and nothing will happen but I can hear a click noise coming from the rear of the car....

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
OK, son has called me twice now. His top would not go up the other night and then it just started working. Now he calls me and tells me that it won't go down. What should I look at? Is there a switch on the parking brake handle that could go bad?
Yes there is a switch on the parking brake. Console needs to be removed for access.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Check the switch first...

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
We have to pull up several times on the E brake until the "brake" light illuminates on the dash. If the light isn't on , the top won't budge.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have an sn95 vert and the top wont go up or down unless parking brake is applied.Pull the brake if thats not it check the switch,if thats not it check the motor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts