Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have my exhaust dumped after the flowmasters. It dumps out right before the gear box. I'm getting a lot of interior noise from the vibrations the exhaust is creating. The sound of the exhaust isn't so bad...I love that sound....but the vibrations from the exhaust noise are rattling the interior to death. I allready have plans to insulate the interior with a product similar to Dynamat. I was wondering if adding long tubes to the end of my exhaust would further help my interior noise problem. I assume it would...but would the exhaust still sound the same and would it create any backpressure to make a difference in performance?

Thanks
-Mike

·
Registered
171 Posts
I had dumped Dynomax UltraFlows, a catted h=pipe and Mac shorties and I went to a Mac ProChamber (offroad) and Mac longtubes. While I didn't have much drone (the vibration you spoke of) before, it was completely eliminated with the longtubes despite the exhaust getting much louder with the elimination of the cats.
I've heard others say longtubes helped reduce drone on here too.
The exhaust note will sound a little different with LT's but it will sound better IMO. I can't imagine LT's would disappoint you. :)

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
I went to LTs and my drone went away as well. It changes the frequency of the pulses somehow, plus added power. Can't go wrong there.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I think he might mean extension tubes on the exit-end of his mufflers..?? If so, you might try not only putting turn-downs on the mufflers, but turning each of the dumps ******d(toward the side of the car) a little bit. This knocked down the interior noise level in my '93 coupe when I was using dumps instead of tailpipes.

Hope this helps, Ted Bell

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I'm not too sure the word "******d" got *****'ed out, but it did.

Ted Bell

1 - 7 of 7 Posts