Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 coupe. The door panels that were on the car when I bought it have the carpet above the armrest pad. I want to replace it if possible. Problem is that TMI only
Lists inserts up until 89. And door panels I see for 90-93 have vinyl. So my question is did some 1990 panels have carpet or do I have 89 and down panels?

·
Registered
8,421 Posts
I have a 1990 coupe. The door panels that were on the car when I bought it have the carpet above the armrest pad. I want to replace it if possible. Problem is that TMI only
Lists inserts up until 89. And door panels I see for 90-93 have vinyl. So my question is did some 1990 panels have carpet or do I have 89 and down panels?
The transition from carpet to vinyl was either 1991 or 1992. So a 1990 would have the carpeted inserts that can be removed.

I have door panels from a 1990 in my car. I bought a set of inserts from a 87-89 car, recovered them and swapped them. They fit fine. You just remove the panel, bend the prongs up straight, and the panel comes right off. The below cost me $4 in material, some donor panels (because I wanted to keep the OE black tweed panels intact) and maybe an hour or two of my time.

9CC25A61-527C-400E-ACE4-7868CE6DAE81.jpeg

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info. I’ll recover my originals and then add the map pocket deletes to finish off the doors. I’m doing a conversion to black. Your interior looks great. By the way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts