Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 gt vert that I want to modify the stock intake. I have a friend that p/p heads, intakes, etc and for $275 he said that he could get the stock intake to outflow a cobra intake. I have found a explorer intake on the corral for $230 shipped which has had the lower ported and the upper polished, gasket matched to a felpro 1255, I think. It also includes a 3/8 spacer and gaskets. Which one is the better deal? I know with the explorer intake I will have to get an elbow.
Current mods are k&n FIPK, c&l 73 MAF, 65mm tb, headers, h pipe, flowmaster exhaust, alum d/s, 373 gears and a shift kit. This will never see the track, just wanted the gt to be able to get out of its own way.
Thanks.
Greg

·
Registered
354 Posts
Well, I don't see why you would want to do that when tmoss will port one for you for half that. Do a search. I'm pretty sure whn he's done, it will flow at or more than a stock explorer/cobra.....a ported explore/cobra...that's all together different. :leghump:

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
is it just me or is that m&m looking thing screwing that foot

oh well

lmao

·
Registered
202 Posts
private message him through the boards..his name is tmoss.

·
Registered
354 Posts
From what I understand, our stock upper flows pretty darn good, and is hard to beat for low end torque. It's the stock lower that really limits the potential.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
he has flow data on all of the intakes factory and aftermarket the upper is actually withing a few percent of the upper of an Edelbrock and the lower is way lower than everything else and his perted lower flows slightly less than an Edelbrock. I believe that he has had a customer or someone dyno one of those intakes and pick up like 20 hp just from the lower

not sure his website has all the info i believe it's at

http://tmossporting.bravepages.com/index.html

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After looking at the graph, the Cobra intake looks like the best bang for the buck. I see that the stock upper is not that bad after all.
The only bad thing is that we have to get the elbow adapter if ou don't buy the 94/95 cobra intake.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can get the upper/lower p/p for $275 by a friend, the only thing that could beat that would be getting a cobra for $250 but those deals don't come around very often. Did you notice a difference with the intake?

·
Registered
241 Posts
i just bought an upper and lower cobra and i sent it to tmoss for portwork.....i highly reccomend tmoss very nice and friendly and fast............ you can reach him at his email address which is
[email protected]
my upper was a mess and he got it looking like new but now im thinking of polishing my upper here are some pics of before and after

lower before

after

upper before

upper like new

need some polishing tips or if anybody can polish my upper contact me

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
gregs 97 gt said:
PM'd him and all he ports is the lower, I thought that getting both ported would work better?
I do the lower only most of the time - I do upper too, but for that kind of money your talking about you might as well go find a used Explorer intake (easier to find in the rpice range) or a used Cobra.

I'd be very wary of someone who said they could port the upper and get it to flow like a Cobra. The uppers are very hard to port where the runners turn down to the lower - investigate how he does his porting in the that area and in the upper plenum. To do it right you have to cutr the upper apart.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You are correct, he cuts th upper open and then ports the runners and welds the upper back together. I read the chart you have on your site and the 1 and 5 numbers are sick...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts