Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know which of the following clear the stock strut brace (vert)?

Edel Perf or RPM series
GT-40
Trick Flow Street or Track Heat
Any others?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Re: Intake Manifolds That Clear the Stock (vert) Strut Brace?

scoupe89 said:
Anyone know which of the following clear the stock strut brace (vert)?

Edel Perf or RPM series
GT-40
Trick Flow Street or Track Heat
Any others?

Thanks
I'm pretty sure that none will clear. The Cobra intake won't clear either. You'll have to do what I did and buy an aftermarket strut tower brace.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Where did you guys buy your brace and/or intake?
Any ideas?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I got mine from Steeda for like $99 bucks (plus shipping, of course). Works great and I think it actually feels a little tighter up front than it did with the stock one.:)

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Now here is a sore subject with me; (long and sad tale)

I went to my local speed shop, to get a new manifold, I liked the Trick Flow Street heat, since my mustang is only lightly modified.

I didnt want my car to be down for too long and since I had never put in a manifold before I let them do it. They had the manifold in stock, and I looked at it, and It was BIG. So I asked, will this fit under my stock strut tower brace? They assured me it would, I would like to have it noted at this point, that this was a shop called PRO 5.0, so they did almost nothing else but mustangs. They even looked under my hood to assure me that it would.

I left my car there overnight, and was supposed to pick it the next day, well the next day comes and they had'nt finished but they showed me the manfold on, they just had'nt put the TB,IT, etc. on. Well I looked at it and I asked them again are you sure this will fit, it looks BIG; no problem, he said, it will fit.

Well next day, I get a call, and you guessed it, the strut tower brace would not fit, argh!

So they ordered up a ford racing one, which took another 2 days, 5 days in total to get my car!

I should have done it myself!

Anyways, THE TRICKFLOW STREET HEAT MANIFOLD WILL NOT FIT UNDER A STOCK STRUT TOWER BRACE!

·
Registered
940 Posts
hey bro, you CAN drive your car without a strut brace :)
a lot of mustangs dont even come with them

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
5ptSlow said:
hey bro, you CAN drive your car without a strut brace :)
a lot of mustangs dont even come with them
Mine is off right now. I am thinking of doing one of two things to get it back on:

1) take out the 3/8" spacer so that the brace will fit again (most likely what I will do)

2) buy new and lower motor mounts, so I can leave the 3/8" spacer on and fit the brace on too (what I will do later)

·
Registered
31 Posts
True I could have taken the car back, but I like the way my car handles with the brace. Plus thay told me it would only take 1 day to get the brace and put it on, it took 2.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
HEWS FLASH almost none of the after market intakes will fit with the stock strut tower brace( i say almost none because there might be one, but i've never heard of one fitting)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts