Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a cobra upper and lower intake used and it looks like its been sitting in a garage for a while.Has all kinds of spiders and things in there.Anyways, i just wanted to know what would be the best way to get the old paint off the lower and clean out the intake before putting it on.Would carb cleaner or brake cleaner work?Brillo on the stubborn paint spots?Also do you have to primer it before you paint it?What kinda paint works best?

·
Registered
268 Posts
What type of places do bead blasting and can and where can you by a bead blaster. I know they make the small sand blaster machines.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea thats what i was wondering.Where can i get that done?Could i buy a machine that hooks up to a regular compressor?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I bought my cobra upper/ lower also used, it was in rough shape so I brought it to a local powder coater. He first bead blasted it, powder coated it chrome and then put a clear powder coat on it and it looks great. All for $55 bucks for the upper and lower. Search around for a local powder coating business around you.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Duddor, any pics, I really want to see how the chrome powder coat looks.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Paging Duddor, paging duddor

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I don't have a digi cam, but I'll borrow one from a friend tommorow. I will post them when I take em.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts