Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have pics of instructions to who what is needed to make the stock cross member work with a tko transmission? Thanx

·
Registered
665 Posts
I just put a 3550 in mine and didnt have to do anything to the crossmember. The bolts fit in the stock groves all the way towards the back..

-Smoke

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
man, thats what I been hearing, and the TKO is the same housing right? Thanx

·
Registered
665 Posts
They should be the same case...only difference should be it has a larger 26 spline input shaft and 31 spline output shaft to further increase its torque capability...

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
They aren't exactly the same. If you measure and look closely you can see that they are slightly different. On mine we had to knock the tack welds off the cross member and move it slightly. It is the actual cross member itself that requires modification. It still bolts in the same place. If you look you can see that the cross member is goes across and is basically on a round sleeve on each side. That sleeve is tack welded. If you grind the welds off that you can slide the cross member fore and aft a little bit. I forget which way it has to be moved. Then you simply tack it back in place. All the bolts still go in the same place. Sometimes you have enough adjustment. Sometimes you don't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts