Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Authorized Advertiser
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this last night, really want to install and drive it tonight (since it's not raining). So, can I put water (or some, ahem, "water based lube" :) ) on the rubber part that attaches to the TB? Will this help it go on easier? I tried to put it on last night dry and it just didn't seem to want to fit.

I have the STB in place and don't want to have to pull it unless I have to, and unless I can figure out a trick to get that rubber part on easier I think it might have to come off.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
i'm getting my upr pipe soon so i want to know also:D .

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi,
How much did you guys pay for your UPR and where did you get it from? Thanks,
Jake

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
JAKESNAKE98 said:
Hi,
How much did you guys pay for your UPR and where did you get it from? Thanks,
Jake

well new is $199 from UPR, but i found mine used. i got the pipe for $60 used and found a brand new big mouth filter for $30 so $90 altogether. guess i was lucky:D .

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
That rubber TB adapter should just slide right on... I had a UPR powerpipe on my '97 for a while, and it slipped right together.
I would go ahead and go to the wifes dresser drawer, grab the KY...errrr...."water based lubricant", and smear a little on the lip ( god that is just asking for it :D ) It should just evaporate. Just don't let the neighbors see you do it. They might think you are a BIT strange...:idunno:

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,411 Posts
I do a lot of ducting work on aircraft, and I find that natural lube(spit) to work great. Just hawk some on your fingertips and smear it on both pieces. Then slide them together.;)

·
Premium Member
5,154 Posts
Craig, you just have to muscle it on.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
What I found that works best is just putting the rubber sleeve on first on the throttle body by using your fingers on the inside to stretch it over the TB.

Bill

·
Authorized Advertiser
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got it on finally- used just plain water though. ;)

I figured out what the problem was, I'm just a wuss I guess. I got behind it and shoved and on it went. Unfortunately they sent the wrong filter (I have a C&L and they sent the stock type K&N) so I can't start it up yet but it's all together.

I can't wait. After looking at the stock piece it's amazing the car gets any air at all. There is a point where the dimple is that it's maybe 1" wide.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts