Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright....after many failed attempts at attempting to install the intake (upper and lower) I'm doing it this weekend or next no matter what. My brother is a mechanic, so he does it for a living, he's only been doing it for about 9 months though, and he hasn't changed a 5.0 intake before. I'm confident in his abilities, and I've done lots of work on carbed engines before. I've just never done EFI work before, no experience removing fuel rails, etc. Also a few people have told me that the intake won't make any difference unless I change the MAF and TB at the same time....please tell me this isn't true...I'm a POMOFO and don't have the money for the MAF or the TB or bigger injectors right now....

Are there any things besides making sure I get the seal on the lower right that I need to pay special attention to? Any tips or warnings of things not to forget?

Also when I do step up the MAF and TB would 70mm be right? or should I stick to a 65mm? I know I have to get the MAF matched to the injectors, which I don't plan on changing at least until I change the heads (getting Eddy 6037's). Going to these heads do I really need to step up to the 24lb injectors?

·
Registered
940 Posts
i think you will feel a nice improvement...

the fuel rail along with the injectors can be moved off to the side without being disconnected. the hardest part is putting the new lower intake on. thats all i can think of, sounds like you shouldnt have any problem

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
i installed my edelbrock intake with my dad a few months ago. use plenty of RTV on the seal on the lower. the 70mm tb might be a little big unless your pl;ans involve a blower. i put on a 70 and ran a 14.42 at the track(i know it's slow) then i went back 2 weeks later trieded my stock 60mm it ran a 14.42 when it was hot(the 14.42 was the best run with the 70mm when the engine was almost ice). the weather was worse that day too. my dad seemed to think it would have ran a 14.30 had the weather been as good as the week before. anyway, you will still see gains if you don't add a TB and MAF they just won't be as big.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I put on my intake with some new shorties and felt a fairly big difference and I still haven't changed the throttle body or mass air. They really don't seem to be a restriction on a fairly stock motor.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I recommend getting 2 althreads that you can screw in the head so they will help you line the lower intake when you set it down on the heads. This is something that helped me especially if you are using rtv for the front and rear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts