Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing longer studs on my front spindles. How did you guys install yours? I tried pressing them in will a small shop press with no luck. Tomorrow I am taking them to the machine shop to let them do it.

David

·
Registered
371 Posts
What brand are they what is the knurl size? I just installed long studs in my 94 they were the Moroso ones with the .615 knurl it takes a 39/64ths" drill bit to enlarge the holes enough to get the studs to pull through the hole. The drill bit alone cost more then the studs did :eek: at least my car is legal with the long studs. If you pulled the hubs off the Ford manual says to replace the hub nut which Ford parts doesn't have a clue what the right part no. is I have been waiting 2 weeks for Ford to figure out what part is correct. By the way torque spec is 215 -285 ft/lbs on the hub nut in case you didn't know 36 mm socket available at most parts stores. Later. Dave

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have the same size studs from Moroso. Thanks for the info. I will pass it over to the machine shop. I removed the whole spindle not just the hub. Hope this goes well today.

David

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,393 Posts
Does anyone know the knurl size for '87-'93 front rotors? I need some 3" studs. A part # would be even better.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys, I went to 3 machine shops. Two wouldn't do it do to having broken their bits in the past. :rolleyes: The third didn't have that size bit. I searched to see if anyone had it but no luck. This machine shop said that they could ream the holes blind and then tack weld the back of the stud to the spindle. Now I don't care as long as this is safe and works without vibration. They reassured me that it would be fine and that they have done it before. Does this sound right?

David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts