Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how the TV cable hooks to the throttle linkage...This was a T-5 Mustang...do I need any parts other than the TV cable to make the AOD work?... also will the 3:73 speedometer gear mesh with the AOD gear on the tailhousing?

Thanks

·
Registered
734 Posts
shifter cable also helps. Are you running a carb or EFI? Doesnt really matter, but the linkage has a provision for the TV cable you pop it in and make yoru adjustments.

·
Registered
75 Posts
WaldoRK said:
Can anyone tell me how the TV cable hooks to the throttle linkage...This was a T-5 Mustang...do I need any parts other than the TV cable to make the AOD work?... also will the 3:73 speedometer gear mesh with the AOD gear on the tailhousing?

Thanks
If it was a T-5 car before you are going to need the pivot piece for it. If you go to a local parts store, like checker, pep boys, they should have them in the carb section. It looks like the ball for the throtle hook up, but its a flat disc instead of a ball, its for a kick down cable on a carb, but it works the same, used one on my car when I swapped out the upper intake.

.http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/install2.html
If you look on there its the Automatic Trans. Kickdown Stud —#8018

On the speedo gear, you are going to need a new one. the T-5 gear is too short for the AOD.

So are you converting over to AOD? I'm planning on doing the opposite sometime soon. Just need the tranny, pedals and wiring

1 - 3 of 3 Posts