Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I woke up this morning and got right to work. Installed the aluminum DS. That took like literally 10 minutes, including jacking up the car.

Then got right to work on my March U/D pullies. The water pump was a pain in the neck to get off. Obviously the pulley is free spinning so I had to rig up a way to make it stay put. I hate how I had to reuse the stock water pump pulleys when they gave me new crank bolts. I didn't have an 8mm bit for the new crank bolts so I had to use a really short allen head wrench. The only way I could get an torque on it was to get in the engine bay and step down (with my foot) on the wrench using my weight. Anyways, they look really good. I also got Wazee's idler pulley in there too! Next is his power steering pulley because I f'd mine up :lol:.

Anyhow I also made a big discovery. It turns out the backfire didn't blow up my flowmasters. I just blew off the heater cap on the little smog pump pipe coming off the h pipe. Once I plugged that back up it was perfect. Only thing is my car is so much quieter now :eek:; which I don't necessarily like.

Anyhow I'll post pics tomorrow so everyone can see how good they look :joy:.

Next thing is installing the DS loop. When I get the time, I'll get her done.

·
Registered
257 Posts
you took off the waterpump just to take the pulley off? there's 10x easier ways to do it than that, like stick a long screwdriver between two bolt heads to hold it, and put the ratchet on the other one.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Didn't you recently run 103mph in the 1/4? If so then you may be a contender for the 12 second club now with those pulleys if you get some drag radials on there. I'm willing to bet if you changed nothing else from the last time at the track, you will trap 105mph now. Good luck with the rest of the installs.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Woops, I meant say that the pulley was a pain to get off and I hate how they didn't supply new water pump pulley bolts like they did crank pulley bolts.

Woopsy.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Killercanary said:
Didn't you recently run 103mph in the 1/4? If so then you may be a contender for the 12 second club now with those pulleys if you get some drag radials on there. I'm willing to bet if you changed nothing else from the last time at the track, you will trap 105mph now. Good luck with the rest of the installs.
NO NO. It went 105 with the stock computer/pulleys/driveshaft/street tires! You're making me so excited now! I'm getting DR's this Wednessday so I'll be bringing home a 12.9 or better slip Friday. :joy: :joy: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
389 Posts
here's a lil trick to getting those water pump pulley bolts out.....try loosening them when the belt is still on!:rolleyes:

im starting to think those marijuana commercials may be onto something

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
94Fauxbra said:
here's a lil trick to getting those water pump pulley bolts out.....try loosening them when the belt is still on!:rolleyes:

im starting to think those marijuana commercials may be onto something
Did that. Pulley just spun because belt was a little loose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts