Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First thing I thought when I opened the box was that the pipe was HUGE...much bigger then the stock pipe :D
I was amazed at how small the stock pipe gets where the crinkle is for the Strut tower brace, it looks very restrictive.
I think the Densecharger looks great, and the install was pretty straight forward except for the pipe that goes into the fenderwell. What I didnt like was that It wouldnt fit in there at all. I had to go to home depot saturday morning and get a 3" (length) adapter and put the K&N directly behind the corner lamp. I didnt mind going to home depot at all as the part only cost me $3 but it was just a disappointment friday night when I couldnt take the car out. I didn't know there was chopping involved in the installation (also have to chop the hoses up for the PCV connections).

I let the car go through some drive cycles, let it warm up and would drive around in it then let it sit for a few hours to cool down completely and do a cold start up again. I did this all day saturday and then sunday. I noticed a definite difference in throttle response and top end pull. A friend also said he noticed that it pulls harder too. I cant wait to track test it, and then test it with the corner light out (cut the plastic out behind the corner light).

Now for the SES light. I get on the highway tonight (sunday) and the Service engine soon light comes on :confused:
I pull over, check all the hoses for the PCV and IAT sensor and they're all connected. I check to make sure all the connections in the tube are tight and they seem to be nothing that would create a vacume leak. The only thing I did notice was that I have the MAF pushed up about an inch and a half or so into the pipe going to the throttle body....I doubt that would do anything though. Anybody experience this, any suggestions?

thanks
Mikey

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt take any pics cause There are pics on the densecharger website. If you guys want me to take pics I can have some taken and scanned.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ttft

·
Registered
249 Posts
I had the same problem!! Now I also had my stock MAF ported and had my MAF sensor recaliberated by Pro-M . . . but none the less my SES light came on!!

First thing I would ask is did you disconnect the battery while doing the install?? That may have caused the problem . . is not I would say just disconnect the battery and reconnect it and that will take it away! If it still comes back on then I say go back to stock - which is what I may in fact do!!

Talking to experienced racers and chip burners they say DO NOT mess with the intake on these newer stangs!! The electronics on these cars are VERY picky!! Currently I have a C&L MAF unit on there with no problems yet BUT I am getting dynoed again tomorrow because my first dyno had little V's throughout like it was surging . . I think it was the intake!!

I will post numbers on Wednesday because I am doing 3 pulls - 1 stock, 1 with the C&L and 1 with the Densecharger!! I'll let you know but I would say disconnect the battery and then if the SES light does come back on go back to stock and see if that fixes it!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I installed mine about a week ago. I could not used the elbow and pipe behind the plexiglass (in the fender well) due to the smog stuff. I just took the adaper off of that pipe for the K&N, and installed the K&N on the fenderwell side of the plexiglass. Works fine, no problem so far.

kind of hard to explain, hope it makes sence.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts