Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put on 15" DRs last night. I went for a ride today with them. The car feels amazing with the tires on. I get almost no spinning at all, so the car feels so much faster. On my 1-2 shift, it doesnt spin, it just hooks, and feels like the chassis is flexing. I snapped some pics because it looks mean as hell with them on. People stare at my car when i drive around with them. I guess it looks kinda weird becuase i have two different rims on, but i like it. Im getting my own set of 17" nittos this weekend, and also installing LCAs and subframe connectors.

295rwhp + DRs = 12s in a vert :)

·
Registered
742 Posts
Yung Than said:
:eek: Nice, are those 275/75/15's? :eek:
75? More than likely he's running the 50 Series tires, not 75. I've heard that the 60 Series are supposed to be better though but have yet to see anyone with them.

Clemens9, your car looks good. Man I miss my 'Vert :(

<----- Has been Mustangless for 6 months

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
[email][email protected][/email] said:
Man I miss my 'Vert :(

...been Mustangless for 6 months
Wow, I didn't know that. Did something happen to it?

Good luck Clemens9, between you and green94droptop I think my reign as the only 12 second NA 94-95 convertible is just about over. :confused: Oh well it was fun when it lasted! Before I rebuild my motor in a year or two, I plan on getting 31 spline axles and carrier and throwing on the ET streets, launching at 5000rpms and finally powershifting the thing to see what it truely is capable of as it sits now. Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Killercanary said:

Good luck Clemens9, between you and green94droptop I think my reign as the only 12 second NA 94-95 convertible is just about over.
Well, I dynoed 295rwhp, so i have 2 or 3 rwhp over you, and 20rwhp on greentop, but somehow you pulled like 20 more ft-lbs of torque than me :eek: . We'll see what kind of difference that makes. Ive been practicing my launches and shifting, so im ready for the 12 second club :) Ill let you all know tomorrow night after the track. These DRs are going to help a LOT, and im getting LCAs and subframes this week, so we'll see if those make a difference when i go next time.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Excellent.

Looks good! 12 second vert N/A w/ 300 rwhp...man, I'm doing something wrong.

But I think I"ve got some things ironed out so we'lll see.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Clemens9 said:
Well, I dynoed 295rwhp, so i have 2 or 3 rwhp over you, and 20rwhp on greentop, but somehow you pulled like 20 more ft-lbs of torque than me :eek:
Don't be discouraged if you don't do it this first time out, heck it took me two trips to the track last summer to run 12's again as I was RUSTY after the long winter and TKO problems!!! Its all in the launch. What were your peak power RPM's at? The secret to my car and the way it runs is my high average power, not so much my peak, I hit 289RWHP at 4800 and don't drop below that until 5800, so I'm in the 290RWHP range for much of my 1/4 mile run... thanks to Ed C. and his cam for that!!! It makes the car a BLAST to drive. I launch at 2500-3000rpms slipping the clutch, normally I get 1.83-1.85 60's. I run 18lbs of air in the tires and do a pretty healthy burnout. Good luck...

BTW- I hate you florida guys!!! Its 12* out right now, the high today was 22*. I've already had 4 feet of total accumulation of snowfall this winter!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Clemens9 said:
Well, I dynoed 295rwhp, so i have 2 or 3 rwhp over you, and 20rwhp on greentop, but somehow you pulled like 20 more ft-lbs of torque than me :eek: . We'll see what kind of difference that makes. Ive been practicing my launches and shifting, so im ready for the 12 second club :) Ill let you all know tomorrow night after the track. These DRs are going to help a LOT, and im getting LCAs and subframes this week, so we'll see if those make a difference when i go next time.
Hey don't bash me yet Mark. I just added some pulleys and plugged up a couple MAJOR exhaust leaks; that's gotta be good for atleast 15 hp. The car is definitly more stout now. I'd like to get up on a dyno again but I'm not going to worry about it; dyno numbers don't mean that much to me.

Your car will probably run faster than mine but I think we'll both be in the 12 second club come pretty soon for me and tomorrow night for you. I've got to get those damn DR's. :mad:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Killercanary said:
Don't be discouraged if you don't do it this first time out, heck it took me two trips to the track last summer to run 12's again as I was RUSTY after the long winter and TKO problems!!! Its all in the launch. What were your peak power RPM's at? The secret to my car and the way it runs is my high average power, not so much my peak, I hit 289RWHP at 4800 and don't drop below that until 5800, so I'm in the 290RWHP range for much of my 1/4 mile run... thanks to Ed C. and his cam for that!!! It makes the car a BLAST to drive. I launch at 2500-3000rpms slipping the clutch, normally I get 1.83-1.85 60's. I run 18lbs of air in the tires and do a pretty healthy burnout. Good luck...

BTW- I hate you florida guys!!! Its 12* out right now, the high today was 22*. I've already had 4 feet of total accumulation of snowfall this winter!
It's 40* here now in Orlando. I'm freezing. You might think that's beach weather but I've neer lived anywhere else in my life so this is freezing to me. :eek:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
are u barrowing those tires? I wish i had a friend kind enough to let me use some... Im not going to bitlo until i get some tires..damn track is slippery enough as is

·
Registered
742 Posts
Killercanary said:
Wow, I didn't know that. Did something happen to it?
Nothing really happened to it. I had the car down for a while after I bought a new F-150 SuperCrew last summer and ran out of money to get what I needed done to the 'Vert. Damn new truck payments :mad: That and Christmas killed me this year. But it's coming along nicely now :D

Good luck Clemens9. You should also look at getting the 'Vert lighter with maybe some race wheels, ditching the passenger seat and rear seats (no real weight loss with the rear seats but every little bit helps), and the spare. What's your car weight at right now?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
3450 without me. i weigh 165.

I borrowed these tires, but my 275/40/17 nitto DRs are coming in on thursday and they are getting installed saturday.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
thats the exact size i need to get, what did u pay for them, and where did u get them? 3450 is light for a sn95 vert.. i wonder if mines anywhere close to that. of coarse my aode is going to add on a few..

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
poostang said:
thats the exact size i need to get, what did u pay for them, and where did u get them? 3450 is light for a sn95 vert.. i wonder if mines anywhere close to that. of coarse my aode is going to add on a few..
158 each shipped from discounttiredirect.com

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey Clemens9 are those stock pony rims that you have on those DR's. I just picked up some ET Drags yesterday 26x8.5x15 and I'm wondering if I need to go with a 15x8 size rim. Aren’t the stock pony rims 15x7. I have a friend that will sells his pony's but I want to make sure it won't be to small. Hoping for 12's n/a with et drags.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Clemens9 said:
Well, I dynoed 295rwhp, so i have 2 or 3 rwhp over you, and 20rwhp on greentop, but somehow you pulled like 20 more ft-lbs of torque than me :eek: . We'll see what kind of difference that makes. Ive been practicing my launches and shifting, so im ready for the 12 second club :)
I want to join this 12 sec CLUB.... :mad: i think i should be able to join this coming month, i bought 24lbs injectors and the pro m is on its way, also im gonna upgrade my fuel pump to go with 150 shot on nitrous..i think i should be joining you guys pretty soon:D that would be great...:joy: :joy: :joy: good luck on your runs clemens

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
il be in that club someday... Just need alittle more power then u guys, to get there..(aode+vert=pig) 331, heads/cam/intake, tune, and traction.. with 12lbs boost, should get me there..atleast i would hope so

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
WHAT DID IT RUN???

Well... what did it run??? You said you were running it yesterday. Post the entire slip so we can see if there is improvements to be made anywhere.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, i discovered something last night. I cant launch from 2500-3000 rpms. I dont know what it was, but i pulled ****ty 60's every time. After leaving the track, i launched from idle at a stop sign, and it felt so much better than what i was doing at the track. I dont know what it is about this track, but i seem to hook up better on the street than i do there. Anyways, here are my slips. Im going back for funday sunday at the track this weekend, so ill see if i can get the launch down. Ive got the shifting thing down, as you can see by my mph. I was running 17psi in the nittos. When i go to funday sunday, ill have my 275/40/17 nittos and subframe connectors. My LCAs dont come in till monday :(
----- best et--------- best mph
60'--2.101------------ 2.232
330- 5.847------------5.962
1/8- 8.845-------------8.956
mph- 83.37------------83.67
1000- 11.398----------11.499
1/4- 13.543------------13.634
mph- 105.70-----------106.26

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
doesnt 106mph seem alittle high for a 3650lb car with 295RWHP? 106mph... I would think u would need close to 345-350RWHP to achieve a 106mph...seems right to me, maybe im crazy...
It doesnt surprise me the track was slippery, when is it not..
ONLY cars i seen ever get any traction there were all out drag cars, no street cars.. well the guys with slicks get some traction

1 - 20 of 38 Posts