Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 Cobra and I just got done installing the BBK LT headers. I'm not sure what to do with the EGR tube that runs from the EGR valve to the header. The BBK LT's I got didn't come with a bung in the passenger side header and I wanted some input before I go drilling a hole in the new headers to transfer the bung. What have you guys with BBK's done? I was thinking of running 3/4 heater hose from the snout on the h-pipe, then installing some kind of plumbing splitter and running one from here to the smog pump and one up to the EGR valve. My only question is will it matter if it's coming from the h-pipe vs right out of the header? Sorry so long, but I really need help...this is my daily driver.

·
Registered
533 Posts
First off... do you need to be smog legal? if not then just simply cap off the EGR and your ready to roll. If so then your gonna hafta cut and weld a bung onto a primary (pain in the a$$) so the EGR routing would remain somewhat similar to what was there originally. I dont think the EGR is needed so much from an emissions standpoint (I have heard of guys passing the sniffer test without it) but it is somthing that the smog police would catch upon a visual inspection. So I'm not sure if your idea of re-routing the EGR would work as they(smog police)would say that you were tampering with the emissions system. I guess you could try... but it would just come down to how thorough the inspector is.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Here is all you need to do....

1. Go to Home Depot
2. Buy a 5/8 NPT thread cap
3. Go home and screw it onto the EGR valve
4. Drive away :joy:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK cool, I thought it was for emmissions but I wasn't for sure. Thanks for the input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts